Can management change me from m-friend to Tue-sat

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I got to work this morning and I thought it was sunday cause nobody was there, the sat guys have been getting crushed here

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That’s be funny. To re interpret something that was forced on us in the first place.
The best part is we were told no one wanted to work weekends. We asked for 22.4 drivers and the unions got them for us.

After the recession hits and RPCD are working weekends union leaders will tell us. You should happy you have a job.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The best part is we were told no one wanted to work weekends. We asked for 22.4 drivers and the unions got them for us.

After the recession hits and RPCD are working weekends union leaders will tell us. You should happy you have a job.
I guess. I’m not planning on working another Saturday as long as I’m employed here. After working Saturdays and staying “caught up” last peak, then for them to send us out with some of the highest stop counts I’ve ever seen on any day, let alone Christmas Eve, not me. They can drown for all I’m concerned.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess. I’m not planning on working another Saturday as long as I’m employed here. After working Saturdays and staying “caught up” last peak, then for them to send us out with some of the highest stop counts I’ve ever seen on any day, let alone Christmas Eve, not me. They can drown for all I’m concerned. They can kiss my freckled Irish ass.

I agree

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It happens all the time here, guys get switched on a whim based on volume and ease of forced 6th punch. I’ve noticed that our area has a hard on for not messing with the Tues-Sat guy’s Monday; that was a notorious thing for a while and I think it must’ve bit them in the butt cause it never happens now, yet the lowest seniority Mon-Fri guys, who have seniority over most of the sat guys....get forced in sat mornings to run an air route all the time. It’s a really weird game, one of those stupid UPS things.
I got moved to Mon-Fri right before last peak cause they knew they could force me in every Saturday during peak, which they did. Right after in January they went around asking for Tues-Sat volunteers from us lower seniority FT RPCD covers and I signed that bid as soon as I could. It’s worked out well for me so far, have yet to be forced in on a Monday this year