Can management force a bigger truck? (on topic)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I have a bid route and for the past year or so each new on-road sup tries to get me to take a bigger truck since my route has grown and I tend to blow-out often. Suspiciously, they ask or try to get me to say I want a bigger truck. One day they just loaded my route into a bigger truck without saying anything to me and the next day a sup came out on-route mid day and asked if I liked the bigger truck. I told him no and the next day I went back to my usual truck. I bid this route because it was in a P700 and don't want anything larger. Even though they haven't said it outright, it seems like they're acting like they can't force me to take a bigger truck. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Yes they can , it’s unfortunately the reality or e-commerce, craps getting bigger. We can adapt to the market or find new jobs.

jagger john

I have a bid route and for the past year or so each new on-road sup tries to get me to take a bigger truck since my route has grown and I tend to blow-out often. Suspiciously, they ask or try to get me to say I want a bigger truck. One day they just loaded my route into a bigger truck without saying anything to me and the next day a sup came out on-route mid day and asked if I liked the bigger truck. I told him no and the next day I went back to my usual truck. I bid this route because it was in a P700 and don't want anything larger. Even though they haven't said it outright, it seems like they're acting like they can't force me to take a bigger truck. Does anyone know if this is the case?
if your route has grow and bulked out that means your not makeing 9.5 so you need to lose work or are you going faster and completing route think about it

barnyard

KTM rider
When our building 1st got P1200s my boss asked if I wanted 1 till they figured out where they were going to park them. I LOVED it. For that route, I had 3 stops on the floor, everything else fit on the shelves.

My current route started in a P800. HATED it. Had to lube up the last 40-50 pieces to get them in. Now I am in a P1000. Still have days when they have to lube a few to get them in, but those days are far fewer.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When my truck is in the shop I get separation anxiety. I keep it clean and power wash in the interior monthly. I can’t believe how dirty some of these dudes keep their trucks. Animals.

I don't go so far as to power wash, or even wipe down, but I do clean up all the debris that builds up and peel labels off the shelves. I was pretty unhappy when some pos preload sup decided to use overweight tape to designate an area on the floor for the loader to put packages. Why, just... why?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Part of a combo job here. Always nice to those guys and the mechanics too.
Yeah, sorry, the death-trap reverse shift P1000 was all we had for spares. Hope it goes well out there, though.
I've been waiting for the day to come, most drivers are pretty cool though.
:D

Total package

We can rebuild him
I used to try to keep my car clean until it seemed like it was getting swapped around all the time even though it was the same bid route. Be damned if I'll spend time spraying and wiping out a cab so somebody else has a clean truck the next day

Dr.Brownz

Don't risk taking that big truck down small driveways. Walk them all until they stop trying this BS. What is happening is they don't like your fantasy numbers and think giving you a bigger truck will make you faster because the supervisor is trying to justify his job existing.