Can Management Send a Full-time (22.4) on Loan Before Cover Drivers?

LaTulla

Alright guys, just as the title reads:
my management team is sending me to another building tomorrow through Friday. I don’t want to go, and they’re not sending any Cover drivers, just me, the lowest-seniority 22.4. They are doing this to avoid paying the cover drivers top rate and paying me my normal rate I brought with me from Cover.

I know they don’t have to pay me top rate.

Can they send me before they send a cover driver?

I’m in local 396, Southwest Region, Southern California area. Keep in mind (I don’t know if they’ve published it yet) that the company and the union has agreed that the term “package driver” also refers to 22.4’s and that 22.4’s are now officially covered by the package rider.

thanks!

542thruNthru

my management team is sending me to another building tomorrow through Friday. I don’t want to go, and they’re not sending any Cover drivers, just me, the lowest-seniority 22.4. They are doing this to avoid paying the cover drivers top rate and paying me my normal rate I brought with me from Cover.

I’m in local 396, Southwest Region, Southern California area. Keep in mind (I don’t know if they’ve published it yet) that the company and the union has agreed that the term “package driver” also refers to 22.4’s and that 22.4’s are now officially covered by the package rider.

thanks!

Nope. They can't.

542thruNthru

thanks!

Why would they have to pay the Cover Driver top rate?

542thruNthru

Can you give any language that may apply?

Screenshot_20200414-194836_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-194943_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

LaTulla

Please show me this language. Cover drivers are paid top rate for unscheduled work. I haven't read that for performing work in another building.
I’ll have to find it. I just know they do and and have done it for a long time. I think it’s because it’s a different union local and only applies in those cases.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You’re the :censored2: thank you

The fact that you are domiciled in your home center does not prevent them from loaning you out to other centers.

As I understand it, RPCD's and 22.4's have to be used before cover drivers, which is why they are sending you to the other center rather than sending a cover driver. It has nothing to do with pay rate.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The fact that you are domiciled in your home center does not prevent them from loaning you out to other centers.

As I understand it, RPCD's and 22.4's have to be used before cover drivers, which is why they are sending you to the other center rather than sending a cover driver. It has nothing to do with pay rate.
You’ve never worked while 22.4 were employed. You’ve never worked in the Southwest.

So you have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...