Can she ruin chances with UPS in the future?

My sister has a seasonal ups job. However she wants to leave because of a situation. I told her she should give them 2 weeks notice. But she doesn't thinks he has to. If she leaves on the spur of the moment from her seasonal ups job, will she ruin her chances of getting a corporate job down the line? She helps deliver packages now.
Thanks

McGee

You should remind her that there is part of the application that asks ' if you have ever worked for ups before' and it's something you should be very truthful about ( and if you get that far, it has a morals clause I believe also) .

In short, yes you better give two weeks. You also have to account for that gap in your work history.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My sister has a seasonal ups job. However she wants to leave because of a situation. I told her she should give them 2 weeks notice. But she doesn't thinks he has to. If she leaves on the spur of the moment from her seasonal ups job, will she ruin her chances of getting a corporate job down the line? She helps deliver packages now.
Thanks
Ask any new hire that's worked in corporate, I'm sure a majority of them consider their job seasonal, a stepping stone if you will.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Ask any new hire that's worked in corporate, I'm sure a majority of them consider their job seasonal, a stepping stone if you will.
My son was a pt sup 4 years and when Mr new jersey came down and screwed up the situation he walked out and was put on the no re hire list. He was one of the best sups. They ever had.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Thanks

Tell us about " the situation".
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1418002999.713324.jpg

Sent using a Potato

GeaugaDog

No offense but with an attitude like hers how is she going to act when dealing with situations in a job at corporate? If she has the ability to give the notice then she should do it. More importantly she should be the one asking this question like someone else said. Seems like she doesn't care too much either way if she wasn't even willing to ask the question on her own.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I wouldn't hire her. If she can't show her previous employer the courtesy of two weeks, what is she going to be like when I need her?