Can someone tell me again...

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Glenlake55Wally, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ...what the difference is between “work at home” and VACATION???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. elmo506

elmo506 New Member

Operations wouldn’t know the answer to that question. We are still working while the rest of UPS works at home, self quarantines or whatever else HR calls it

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Non operations is vacation year round. A lot of dead weight there.

4. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Looked for the ass hole rating. Couldn't find it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

If you are not moving packages, are you really doing anything?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Anonymous 115

Anonymous 115 New Member

I do a hell of a lot. There may be a lot of dead weight but there are also a lot of people who contribute greatly behind the scenes, and deal with a lot of BS also, even though they may never touch a package. The company needs more than just operations people to function.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

A pencil pusher trying to justify his job

lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. deeztier

deeztier Active Member

same guy that'll tell you to go help someone else because he doesnt understand that an apartment complex/trailer park isn't just one stop when it's 50+ packages.

9. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

There are good and bad management people in all departments.

Good ops folks don’t need an IE/OE person to tell us a reasonable goal. Especially when they have no clue half the time.

good ops folks don’t need a PE Supervisor/manager to tell us we can’t afford to fix something that’s been broken for months.

I’m not saying that you are doing that but I know at my hub these departments are “working from home” when the rest of us are working side by side with package drivers, feeder drivers, and hub employees to get through this pandemic.

10. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

They don’t don’t do anything value added AT work...what in the world could they do at home that is worthwhile?

11. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Our IE guy is doing his side hustle. Lawn care and AC repair. Must be nice to be nonessential. I'll bet he doesn't put in 2 hrs for UPS.

12. 60lbBagofdogfood

60lbBagofdogfood Active Member

going to request to work from home. stack the boxes at my house and grab the drone. going lower than what amazon does. can't deliver anything over 3lb sorry.

13. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

By a driver that is trying to justify the need for his intelligence being used in a job that doesn't use a tenth of his abilities.
    :nonono::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::salute:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Both of my children and my son's fiance have been working from home. My SIL is a firefighter and it would be hard for him to work from home. While the other 3 have been enjoying their time with their children (and saving on daycare), all of them would prefer to be back in the office. Working from home is NOT like being on vacation, especially with an 11 month old.

15. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Thank you for regaling the group.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

You should refrain from using words that you barely understand and probably had to Google to make sure to spell it right.

17. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

You should probably just stick with packages.

18. What'dyabringmetoday???

Ok. What's Google?

19. What'dyabringmetoday???

Thank you for the tip. I learn a bunch reading your posts. Thanks again.

20. What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm always willing to learn. Perhaps you could point out whatever error you believe has occurred Skippy. And I'd love some of your amazing financial advice. I could really use it.