Can the once great company that was UPS ever be again?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all,

How do you feel your management team in your facility rates with securing the future and reestablishing the values of this once great company?

In the facilities that I have been in I would say they rate horrible to fairly horrible in these areas.

Sincerely,
I

kingOFchester

I do not blame the front line management for all the failures I see everyday. They are playing with the cards that they were dealt. Cards that were stacked beforehand. Yes, there are some who are incompetent at best, but there again I blame upper management for appointing these idiots into management positions. To much of managing has been taken away from the lower management positions. I see so much wasted money in trying to reach some arbitrary number on the endless reports.

However, a good deal of everyone I work with, do the best they can with what they are allowed to do, including drivers. All just trying to make it till the end.

Ouch

The worse thing ups could have done is go on the public exchange. Now you have share holders who have never been on a ups truck looking at numbers. They try and dictate how much work you need to be productive, never work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To all,

How do you feel your management team in your facility rates with securing the future and reestablishing the values of this once great company?

In the facilities that I have been in I would say they rate horrible to fairly horrible in these areas.

Sincerely,
I

A rather naive thought IMO ... these values come from the top.
Operations level management are merely a mirror of the values displayed by upper level management.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
For those that haven't been around a long time these are the best of times I've seen. My pay is at an all time high, my seniority, my OT opportunity, my vacation time, my route preference, and management isn't anywhere near the collective arrogant and abusive pricks as they where 10-20 years ago.

UPS is still the largest most profitable transportation company in the known galaxy.

​Life is good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Don't know and don't care. Just trying to get these last 14 years in or to age 50(ALL DEPENDS ON HOW BODY FEELS) then im audi 5 million out of Alcatraz cant wait til the nightmare is over lol. Then time to play with dogs for a living after retirement and actually have fun doing something I enjoy while making money.

To all,

Sincerely,
I
It is what it is. I've had really bad things happen to me at ups and seen a lot of bad things done to others. Will it get better?? No it's going to get worse. Make the best of it and do the right thing and you should make it to the end.

A young guy I admire who goes by the name of Derrick Rose said this week that he's 100 percent heathy and he's back. He also said he would be playing basketball no matter what. I take that to mean he would be playing for next to nothing. There is nobody on this forum who would work here for free so just do the job and try to make the best of it. If something is done to you that you know isn't right stand up against it.

As far a integrity. The word and the poster you seem to hold ups as a sacred place. Do you?? If you do this is against Christianity. It's a job and not a crusade. Many wars and many people have died for thousands of years in the name of Christianity. There is nothing Christian about ups. It is a job and that's it. Get over it and do your time. You can't and you won't and you are not going to change it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
A young guy I admire who goes by the name of Derrick Rose said this week that he's 100 percent heathy and he's back. He also said he would be playing basketball no matter what. I take that to mean he would be playing for next to nothing. There is nobody on this forum who would work here for free so just do the job and try to make the best of it. If something is done to you that you know isn't right stand up against it.

As far a integrity. The word and the poster you seem to hold ups as a sacred place. Do you?? If you do this is against Christianity. It's a job and not a crusade. Many wars and many people have died for thousands of years in the name of Christianity. There is nothing Christian about ups. It is a job and that's it. Get over it and do your time. You can't and you won't and you are not going to change it.
anonymous,

No I do not hold UPS as a sacred place.

There are Christ followers who work for UPS.

Christians have a biblical responsibility in the workplace.

God can and will change anything he wants to change he mostly changes people when they have a Spirit led desire to change.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do not blame the front line management for all the failures I see everyday. They are playing with the cards that they were dealt. Cards that were stacked beforehand. Yes, there are some who are incompetent at best, but there again I blame upper management for appointing these idiots into management positions. To much of managing has been taken away from the lower management positions. I see so much wasted money in trying to reach some arbitrary number on the endless reports.

However, a good deal of everyone I work with, do the best they can with what they are allowed to do, including drivers. All just trying to make it till the end.
kingOfchester,

I do.

Sincerely,
I

anonymous,

No I do not hold UPS as a sacred place.

There are Christ followers who work for UPS.

Christians have a biblical responsibility in the workplace.

God can and will change anything he wants to change he mostly changes people when they have a Spirit led desire to change.

Sincerely,
I
He's not changing this place for the better I. Christians have a biblical responsibility to be good people. Do the right thing. Don't take your work home with ya. You are taking your work home with ya. Get over this place and take up golf or something.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dear I,

Why do you even give a flying leap at a rolling doughnut, anyhow?

Me

cosmo1,

I come here to discuss issues. I like to discuss matters of importance to me.

I come to the UPS Discussions sub-forum to discuss UPS related things.

Why do you even give a flying leap at a rolling doughnut about what I give a flying leap at a rolling doughnut about anyhow?

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPS stock is at all time highs, as is my gross income. I'd say both management and hourly are doing a fine job doing what they do. As for the future, I can only control what I directly come in contact with, everything else is someone else's problem.