Can the once great company that was UPS ever be again?

Integrity

Binge Poster
A rather naive thought IMO ... these values come from the top.
Operations level management are merely a mirror of the values displayed by upper level management.
Hoaxster,

I disagree.

The upper level management at UPS has displayed the company values through the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Charter and the UPS Code of Business Conduct.

Operations hardly come close to mirroring these values.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Is this the kind of crap that keeps you awake at night? Yawn.
bleedinbrown58,

I do like to come here and discuss these kinds of things but I am not afflicted with insomnia.

I very rarely have any difficultly sleeping.

Does poor contributions to discussion threads such as this keep you up at night?

I think you can do better.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
He's not changing this place for the better I. Christians have a biblical responsibility to be good people. Do the right thing. Don't take your work home with ya. You are taking your work home with ya. Get over this place and take up golf or something.
anonymous,

Only God knows his true plan for UPS.

Christians have a biblical responsibility to be set apart for God.

Sometimes the world will not view doing the right thing and standing up for the Lord to be good.

If you are uncomfortable about UPS discussions on the BC I recommend that you do not partake of the UPS Discussion Sub-forum.

Thank you for your counsel but I cannot participate on the BC during my work hours and I do enjoy it.

I make it a point to ensure that it doesn't interfere with my very busy and active schedule. Thanks for caring.

You may want to take your own advice and do something different with your time if this makes you uncomfortable.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS stock is at all time highs, as is my gross income. I'd say both management and hourly are doing a fine job doing what they do. As for the future, I can only control what I directly come in contact with, everything else is someone else's problem.
Jackburton,

Anyone with the capacity to observe the day to day function of this company who would come to the conclusion that both management and hourly are doing a find job doing what they do would be of concern to me.

Denial runs deep in our country.

Money(profit) is supposed to be the measure of a well run company not the end all be all that justifies everything.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

Anyone with the capacity to observe the day to day function of this company who would come to the conclusion that both management and hourly are doing a find job doing what they do would be of concern to me.

Denial runs deep in our country.

Money(profit) is supposed to be the measure of a well run company not the end all be all that justifies everything.

Sincerely,
I
Management has been discouraged from smoking by monitory means in the form of increased insurance premiums. Management has more technology at their disposal to increase their own productivity so they can get more done in a days work. Opportunities to progress into FT management is more open now than ever to drivers that desire to pursue a career into operational management to make an impact on issues that they themselves have gone through. Management continues to invest in alternative fuel vehicles to reduce fuel costs in order to make our fleet less dependent on fossil fuels.

These are just a few examples of how the future of UPS is going forward and positive changes that have been made for management.

Hourlies are only restricted by DOT hours on how much they can make a year. Hourlies continue to receive benifit packages, wage increases, and new equipment (automatic trucks, better DIADs). Hourlies have access to negotiated paid time off, largely unheard of in today's withering employee benefit packages. Hourlies continue to perform safe and productive package delivery methods, largely contributing to the total record earnings the company produces.

These are a few examples of how hourlies are continuing to benefit and securing growth in the company

Why don't you consider contributing as to why you feel so pessimistic about the future of the company?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,

I disagree.

The upper level management at UPS has displayed the company values through the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Charter and the UPS Code of Business Conduct.

Sincerely,
I
I know you don't believe that ... that goes beyond naivety.

anonymous,

Sometimes the world will not view doing the right thing and standing up for the Lord to be good.

If you are uncomfortable about UPS discussions on the BC I recommend that you do not partake of the UPS Discussion Sub-forum.

Thank you for your counsel but I cannot participate on the BC during my work hours and I do enjoy it.

I make it a point to ensure that it doesn't interfere with my very busy and active schedule. Thanks for caring.

You may want to take your own advice and do something different with your time if this makes you uncomfortable.

Sincerely,
I
You know what I?? Screw you

brown bomber

brown bomber
Jim Casey, is rolling in his grave................I thought that UPS employees, were to be the # 1 priority........GLAD THAT I'M RETIRED, every current UPS employee I encounter, they can't even look me in the eye....they just lower their head...and gently shake it from-side-to-side, and tell me how lucky I was to get out (due to disability), and things are getting even worse

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Hoaxster,

I disagree.

Sincerely,
I

Lets not go putting labels on anybody......

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
anonymous,

Sincerely,
I
I believe the stick up your ass has a stick up its ass.....jmo

Integrity

Binge Poster
Management has been discouraged from smoking by monitory means in the form of increased insurance premiums. Management has more technology at their disposal to increase their own productivity so they can get more done in a days work. Opportunities to progress into FT management is more open now than ever to drivers that desire to pursue a career into operational management to make an impact on issues that they themselves have gone through. Management continues to invest in alternative fuel vehicles to reduce fuel costs in order to make our fleet less dependent on fossil fuels.

These are just a few examples of how the future of UPS is going forward and positive changes that have been made for management.

Hourlies are only restricted by DOT hours on how much they can make a year. Hourlies continue to receive benifit packages, wage increases, and new equipment (automatic trucks, better DIADs). Hourlies have access to negotiated paid time off, largely unheard of in today's withering employee benefit packages. Hourlies continue to perform safe and productive package delivery methods, largely contributing to the total record earnings the company produces.

These are a few examples of how hourlies are continuing to benefit and securing growth in the company

Why don't you consider contributing as to why you feel so pessimistic about the future of the company?
Jackburton,

Impressive reply. I appreciate your participation in this discussion.

The main concern is not full time pay or benefits, both of which are more than fair to me. Vacation benefits are also excellent.

However, The part-time pay is a real injustice.

The main concern for me is the deplorable treatment of the customers packages and company employees.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
You know what I?? Screw you

Normally I defend I but he's out of line. Unfortunately Christians who are so over zealous like him have severe mental problems. At least in my experience with people like this.

anonymous,

Your first above quote was not very nice.

As for your second quote. Over zealous? In what way? You are the one who brought Christianity into this discussion.

I only responded to your contribution in a manner that I thought was appropriate to your statements.

Your replies did nothing to further the topic of this discussion.

Peace to you and yours.

I hope all is well with you, both now and forever.

Sincerely,
I

Overpaid Union Thug

The worse thing ups could have done is go on the public exchange. Now you have share holders who have never been on a ups truck looking at numbers. They try and dictate how much work you need to be productive, never work.

The decision to go public was equal to a pro soccer player injecting one of his legs with a numbing agent that never wears off.

Chnandler Bong

Better service. Customers could almost set their watches to a UPS driver. Not anymore. Customer service was ditched for the service of metrics.

Agreed. And if we continue to follow down the Orion rabbit hole, we will truly be wondering what happened to this company. For a leader in a "service" industry...it just baffles me how flippant we've become about providing good service. My Orion instructor said that I wasn't to deliver to my biggest shipper until I made pickups, even though I drove past their drive 3 times before. He said if they want premium service...they'll have to pay for it from now on. I told him it wasn't costing me any miles to make them happy, but he didn't care. Yeah, I ignore him every day because they fill my truck every afternoon. But why would the company ever think this is good business to begin with????