Can u demote urself?

margaritaville

Say u been at the same hub forever and become a driver. Than u decide your gonna bitch out and become an air driver or combo job or even worst of all, just a hub employee. I assume you cant go backwards even though u stayed at same hub all ur life?

tadpole

It's possible but unlikely. The company isn't creating a lot of combo jobs anymore, so you would probably have to have a ton of seniority to win a combo bid, if one ever did pop up.

I've heard you can go back to the hub, but only due to family or medical reasons. Not sure about this.

Nimnim

The Nim
If you haven't made book you can get yourself DQ'd, else your choice is to bid into a 22.3 if it shows up. More than that it'll either be a medical reason, or you're risking getting fired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Say u been at the same hub forever and become a driver. Than u decide your gonna bitch out and become an air driver or combo job or even worst of all, just a hub employee. I assume you cant go backwards even though u stayed at same hub all ur life?
It depends on your local. Some locals you can bid on an article 22 job (with a pay cut) or bid on a preferred FT inside job (but you may have to get your 30 days in to qualify for preload).

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Once you go FT the only way to go back to PT would be to quit and be rehired.

PT Car Washer

Back to PT, yes. But if your building has a FT preload, that may not necessarily be the case.
All true. I assumed we were talking about going back to PT. Many times I have heard drivers talk about going back to PT after putting in 25 or 30 years FT. Almost the same hourly rate and full benefits. Nice retirement job.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You can go combo or feeders, I believe those are your only options. I don't believe you can go back to a PT hub employee.

Chemo

Saw an old pkg friend yesterday. He told me he has a combo job now. He works preload and then delivers 2 office bldgs. I have no idea what his pay rate is.

Sent using BrownCafe App