Can u like your job.....but not the people you work 4??????

Brown may think im a UOW but im not and your not!!! if those bean counters would use all of there technology to figure that out things would be so much better. they are too worried about sales leads but not the customers they already have. THEY ARE TO WORRIED ABOUT THE 5 SEEING HABITS but not about there drivers being out there in the dark or being stuck in a brown easybake oven for 12 hours when it is 100 degrees outside!!!! shame shame on them

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Please tell us how you make a difference in your workplace.

I actually laughed out loud at that one. Not just using the lol expression. I actually let out an audible laugh. I'm not a UPS driver to "make a difference". If I wanted to make a difference I'd go be a missionary or join the peace corps

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually laughed out loud at that one. Not just using the lol expression. I actually let out an audible laugh. I'm not a UPS driver to "make a difference". If I wanted to make a difference I'd go be a missionary or join the peace corps

If you are not making a difference how is this unlike being a unit of work or just a number?

Brown may think im a UOW but im not and your not!!! if those bean counters would use all of there technology to figure that out things would be so much better. they are too worried about sales leads but not the customers they already have. THEY ARE TO WORRIED ABOUT THE 5 SEEING HABITS but not about there drivers being out there in the dark or being stuck in a brown easybake oven for 12 hours when it is 100 degrees outside!!!! shame shame on them

I have one question for you...Did you apply for the job or, did UPS ask you to work for them? All decisions have consequences, good and bad. If you cannot accept what you have decided then it's time to move on. As for being a number well, you have a lot to learn. We are all just numbers. An employee #, a social security#, a bank or checking account# and, in the future, if your lucky, a medicare##.

I..(we) make a difference...the bean counters upstairs they are so smart they are stupid our customers are not cattle!! they are people who need goods and services not crappy service.. excuses..or cut routes.. they want their packages and they want them now!..if the drivers didnt care there wouldnt be a UPS....again I say i like my job...NOT THE CORN HOLES I WORK 4

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Your interaction with the things you don't like about this job are limited to 5mins in the morning and at the checkout counter if they catch you before you clock out (after 6 in my center OMS are the only "management" around concerning drivers). The key is, like I tell other drivers who complain about dealing with management, to come in right before start time and do not speak to them until you are on the clock. The same drivers that complain how they're tired of the harassment and dealing with "stupid things" are the same ones hanging out before and after being on the clock. Just as you wouldn't speak to management with out a steward, don't speak to them without a DIAD in your hand punched in. Those extra minutes of them talking to you will start to show on their AM time or PM time and they'll realize it's making them look bad on a report. Try it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I..(we) make a difference...the bean counters upstairs they are so smart they are stupid our customers are not cattle!! they are people who need goods and services not crappy service.. excuses..or cut routes.. they want their packages and they want them now!..if the drivers didnt care there wouldnt be a UPS....again I say i like my job...NOT THE CORN HOLES I WORK 4

According to sources these people you speak of are not our customers.