Can UPS make a Rt a no 9.5 grevence Rt

I pull a tp60 to remote drivers I'm the only one that comes back to the center. With drop boxes pick up times you can't make 9.5 to long of drive. I like the Rt and want to keep it but now they are loading it up. I dont mind 10 hours but 11.5 is a bit much.With Rt bids comming can they put something in the bid that says no 9.5 grev.

BigDaddyO8a

I pull a tp60 to remote drivers I'm the only one that comes back to the center. With drop boxes pick up times you can't make 9.5 to long of drive. I like the Rt and want to keep it but now they are loading it up. I dont mind 10 hours but 11.5 is a bit much.With Rt bids comming can they put something in the bid that says no 9.5 grev.
No they cant

Just Lurking

No they cant

At least in the Central region, if you meet a satellite center then you can be on the 9.5 list. Only exception is if two different drivers meet (one in am and one in pm) for a single satellite center. The company must designate which one cannot be on the 9.5 list. The other driver can be on the 9.5 list. Notice that I said meet satellite center not pull a TP60 to a satellite center.

I'm on the list carry over from my old Rt filed and collected.New Rt I can work 4- 10 hour days take one off but I don't want 4-11.5 . If I file now and they change the bid or try to can i win the fight.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It is hilarious what management thinks they can get away with. This is not 1957. You have a union that fights for your rights. You have a contract stating in black and white what they can and can not do, yet they still try to pull this bs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It is hilarious what management thinks they can get away with. This is not 1957. You have a union that fights for your rights. You have a contract stating in black and white what they can and can not do, yet they still try to pull this bs.

Seems to me, they do get away with a lot.

By The Book

I'm on the list carry over from my old Rt filed and collected.New Rt I can work 4- 10 hour days take one off but I don't want 4-11.5 . If I file now and they change the bid or try to can i win the fight.
So your saying your still on the 9.5 list from before November of last year. Now your wondering if they can change the bid. The answer is no. They can add more hours to your day but they can't say your not entitled to be on the 9.5 list. Be ready for when you drop off the list because you will need to re qualify again. They also shouldn't include November and December as time you were on the list.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You need to talk to your Local Union Business Agent.

There are some National Grievance Decisions, on "bidding" certain routes.

As far as 9.5 protection.

At least in the Central region, if you meet a satellite center then you can be on the 9.5 list. Only exception is if two different drivers meet (one in am and one in pm) for a single satellite center. The company must designate which one cannot be on the 9.5 list. The other driver can be on the 9.5 list. Notice that I said meet satellite center not pull a TP60 to a satellite center.

ARTICLE 37

"The provisions of this Section 1(c) shall supersede any language on “9.5” in the Central Region Supplement."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

You might want to check, on how your Local is handling this.

-Bug-

Comeand Takeit

smoking without tires at light speed
In 710, after 3 days of over 9.5, the penalty is 3x for the overtime :greedy:. File a grievance and stand your ground. It works every time! In lieu of tomorrow mornings 4Q expected dismal results, overtime will become a hot button issue too. You should also look into a "step-up guarantee" for the circus wagon you pull. Feeder pay is even better! Good Luck!

thessalonian13

You can work 4 ten hour days and have Friday or Monday off? Am I understanding this correctly?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have a route that starts at 9am and doesn't get in until about 8:45pm due to late pickups (and heavy dispatch). When it went up for bid last year I joked with the on-car that I was going to tell the new guy to go on the 9.5 list. He panicked and just about lost it. He was like no, no he can't. He bid that route knowing it was a late night route and we need people to pick up stuff. I told him I was just kidding but made sure he understood that if the new bid driver DID decide to go on the 9.5 list they would have to figure out somewhere else to put those late pickups and that any driver who bid that route could go on the 9.5. He wasn't pleased but realized I was right.

I was on the 9.5 from my old rt driver retired got his rt . I'm the senior dr in the center. I get offerd the day off every day. On the new center bid it now says early start and late p/u. Is this starting down the road that you can't file 9.5s . ?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was on the 9.5 from my old rt driver retired got his rt . I'm the senior dr in the center. I get offerd the day off every day. On the new center bid it now says early start and late p/u. Is this starting down the road that you can't file 9.5s . ?
. Listen. No matter what they tell you. You can file 9.5 no matter what. If they deny the grievance at local take it to regional. You will win.