Can vacation weeks be rolled over to next year if currently within my first year?

Cheesypurpletees

So I’m a little confused with my vacation time. My 1 year anniversary as an rpcd in the western region is next week. My sup hasn’t scheduled my time and was told my accrued time will rollover to next year. Apparently I was supposed to have been notified of my weeks I wanted back in February?

Is my sup wrong about rolling it over? If so, will I lose my time if I don’t use it by this December?

Thanks for your help 😎

Up In Smoke

So I’m a little confused with my vacation time. My 1 year anniversary as an rpcd in the western region is next week. My sup hasn’t scheduled my time and was told my accrued time will rollover to next year. Apparently I was supposed to have been notified of my weeks I wanted back in February?

Is my sup wrong about rolling it over? If so, will I lose my time if I don’t use it by this December?

Thanks for your help 😎
I'm not in the Western, but if you were in my local, you would be asked to take it yet this year prior to November 26th. My best guess is that they may just pay you out on Dec 1 for any time not taken. I don't believe the contract allows for any roll over. What should have happened is you picked in December of '21 and the company would have paid you out after your anniversary date.

542thruNthru

Thanks for your help 😎
You may be in the Western supp but what local are you? The Western doesn't have vacation language. It would be in your JC or Rider.

Cheesypurpletees

You may be in the Western supp but what local are you? The Western doesn't have vacation language. It would be in your JC or Rider.

Local 150. Northern California. I can’t seem to find anything about using it or losing it, nor a rollover. Currently waiting for my union rep to return my call

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Thanks for your help 😎

Under the Central...In your first year as a Full Timer you are only eligible for your Option week, you accrue vacation days for the following year and should be able to put in your desired weeks for 2023 soon.

No rollover ... if you do not use your vacation or option days at the end of the year you get payed for those hours..

Do not know your supplemental language on vacations, every region or conference has their own. Some locals have add an additional vacation at 30 years of service others are stuck at 25. Also there are locals that pay out regular vacation weeks at 50 hours straight, most are still at 45 hours, Option or Sick Days are also different.

Remember that you have to use any unused vacation time before Thanksgiving.

Up In Smoke

Under the Central...In your first year as a Full Timer you are only eligible for your Option week, you accrue vacation days for the following year and should be able to put in your desired weeks for 2023 soon.

No rollover ... if you do not use your vacation or option days at the end of the year you get payed for those hours..

Do not know your supplemental language on vacations, every region or conference has their own. Some locals have add an additional vacation at 30 years of service others are stuck at 25. Also there are locals that pay out regular vacation weeks at 50 hours straight, most are still at 45 hours, Option or Sick Days are also different.

Remember that you have to use any unused vacation time before Thanksgiving.
I'm also in the central, but our local language guarantees 2 weeks vacation for an employee who makes seniority prior to November 15th. I'm assuming this person was a part time employee with seniority plus 6 months in order to become a RPCD. If my assumption is correct they would have had to forgo any left over vacation for year ending 2021 and should have selected 2022 vacations prior to December 15th of 2021. Western language is probably very different tho.