Can we all just agree...

quad decade guy

No one saved for emergencies?

Cool. I get it. When I was younger and newly married with new child, it was tough to impossible

to save anything. I have been there. We once had $5 for the week for food. I went and

bought as much bread and peanut butter $5 would get. My parents lived through the depression

and WW2. We will get through this.

542thruNthru

Me, personally? Yes. That doesn’t change the fact that many families are living paycheck to paycheck.

Or that many family have parents that both work. I have over 6 months of expenses saved up. Doesn't mean my wife can just not go to work so she can watch the kids for a unforeseeable amount of time

quad decade guy

This is a stupid comment.

I guess that's your reaction if you are that stupid to put yourself in that position. How about

not having kids if you can't take care of them...bright boy? Why go to work, have a kid and then

give half your earnings to someone you really don't know or even agree with their values etc?

This is how we got here. This is why America is so friend'd up. Here we go.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Having a fanatical cushion doesn't mean someone an just quit their job to watch their kids that should be in school for 3 or 4 weeks.
So, with a nice savings cushion you could easily hire a temp.

It ain't easy to go without and save but it really make life easier.

542thruNthru

I guess that's your reaction if you are that stupid to put yourself in that position. How about

not having kids if you can't take care of them...bright boy? Why go to work, have a kid and then

give half your earnings to someone you really don't know or even agree with their values etc?

This is how we got here. This is why America is so friend'd up. Here we go.

Kids have to go to school.. it's the law.

How is me sending my kid to school giving away half my earnings.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Cool. I get it. When I was younger and newly married with new child, it was tough to impossible

to save anything. I have been there. We once had $5 for the week for food. I went and

bought as much bread and peanut butter $5 would get. My parents lived through the depression

and WW2. We will get through this.

Sounds like you did an awesome job of saving. If your still working at UPS after 40 years

SMH