Can we talk about it now???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This picture says it all.
Why does this company continue to run these antiquated vehicles?
Safety first???...not even close.
What's wrong with this picture???
What could be different?
Plenty
c7b0b6d2518e04557063f211b48229ae

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The car number looks like this vehicle was made in the mid to late 80s. Manual steering, high step, lap belt, probably a GMC. Fiberglass roof hitting a telephone pole, I don't see how either type of seatbelt would have made much of a difference. I can't figure out from this picture what caused the driver's leg injuries.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The car number looks like this vehicle was made in the mid to late 80s. Manual steering, high step, lap belt, probably a GMC. Fiberglass roof hitting a telephone pole, I don't see how either type of seatbelt would have made much of a difference. I can't figure out from this picture what caused the driver's leg injuries.

Manual steering???
Power breaks???
Evasive maneuvers???

Do think this truck was equipped with telematics?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I can take pictures of 12 vehicles lined up that look just like this, all with keyless entry and telematics. Two point seat belts, non powersteering, unleaded GM's, hand rail causes end range motion for anyone less than 6ft to enter/exit vehicle, and a first step into the vehicle higher then a 6ft persons kneecap. Good news is looks like they replaced the turn signal with LED's.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why wouldn't they invest the 800$ bucks in the telematics. That truck has a lot left in the tank. It probably only had 800000 miles.

Why wouldn't they spend another $800 to install a highback seat and a three point seatbelt, not to mention power steering and breaks???

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That might void the factory warranty on a 25 year old plus car.... you can't drill holes in the frame for safety systems but you can for spy equipment.

tourists24

That might void the factory warranty on a 25 year old plus car.... you can't drill holes in the frame for safety systems but you can for spy equipment.
now now scratch,,,,, its not for spying... its for maintenance purposes..... get it straight..... ;)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have learned that it is insensitive to address this issue in the face of real life consequences.
I hope this thread doesn't make anybody nervous.

Why wouldn't they spend another $800 to install a highback seat and a three point seatbelt, not to mention power steering and breaks???
Because logistics wouldn't allow it of course. Come on you know the name of the game. The strongest survive and we don't drive those trucks. Just saying

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
now now scratch,,,,, its not for spying... its for maintenance purposes..... get it straight..... ;)

I have had a brake caliper blow out and a steering box failure since telematics was added to my car, the little magic box failed to alert the shop beforehand.

Last edited: