Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

Mattmac0912

I'm a sorter in the hub during the day in northern NJ. I find it almost impossible to be doing a physical job sweating etc. wearing a mask especially with hot weather coming. Most of the people I see just wear them around their necks but my 21 Year old sup has a hard on for me and harasses me to put it on every 10 minutes. Today the building manager threatened to fire me if I don't wear it despite the fact it almost none of his supervisors do it. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. Is there anything that I can do or is it really wear a mask or not work

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm a sorter in the hub during the day in northern NJ. I find it almost impossible to be doing a physical job sweating etc. wearing a mask especially with hot weather coming. Most of the people I see just wear them around their necks but my 21 Year old sup has a hard on for me and harasses me to put it on every 10 minutes. Today the building manager threatened to fire me if I don't wear it despite the fact it almost none of his supervisors do it. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. He also says he expects this to be the policy until there's a vaccine for coronavirus which is likely to be never. Is there anything that I can do or is it really wear a mask or not work

Don’t feel comfortable doing this
See you in 14 days
Go ahead and send my Chinese virus checks to my house

Sudz

Just work as directed, and file a safety grievance naming the supervisors and managers who won't wear a mask (Article 18).

Mattmac0912

Just work as directed, and file a safety grievance naming the supervisors and managers who won't wear a mask (Article 18).

that's not my point. I think it's ridiculous for anyone to be wearing a mask when you're basically doing aerobics for five hours. I just want to have the same leeway as anyone else because it's a joke

Sudz

that's not my point. I think it's ridiculous for anyone to be wearing a mask when you're basically doing aerobics for five hours. I just want to have the same leeway as anyone else because it's a joke

Whether it's a joke or not, you need to work as directed. If wearing a mask upsets you so much, when your sups don't wear one, file a grievance. Otherwise there's not much you can do.

UPSER1987

There are masks you can purchase for athletic activities. They allow you to breathe while working out and working. I cannot imagine NJ is any worse than the heat we face in AZ 6 months of the year. Everyone should be wearing a mask.

Indecisi0n

No way would I do that. I don't know how package guys work and wear a mask.

Justaloader

There are masks you can purchase for athletic activities. They allow you to breathe while working out and working. I cannot imagine NJ is any worse than the heat we face in AZ 6 months of the year. Everyone should be wearing a mask.

Humidity is the game changer here on the East Coast. In our hub, they ask that you wear a mask, but they don't enforce it. I wear one when walking through the common areas, but once I'm at my post (I'm a pickoff, and my station is about 20 ft above the floor), I take it off.

zimbomb

One man's burden is another man's relief. I work in Illinois. State required mask use and all, 80% of people walk around with their face holes exposed. Everyday it seems like more information shows it's the best way to limit covid-19...

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Can't pick and choose.

If masks are priority, then the 6ft rule should be in play as well.

Only loaders in the building...

Then...

Once they are done...

Everyone else comes in and reports to car.

freehoodies

I believe there are ways around it. Some people get anxiety/panic attacks from breathing the recycled carbon dioxide, see if your doctor will write you a note. Making you do something a doctor told you not to do will open them up to lawsuits, so they will probably back off.

Non n-95 mask use is stupid though. Non n95 masks only block 5% of particles max, and thats only if they fit correctly and you dont end up touching your face more. There are over 50 studies on mask use anyone can look up on pubmed this isnt new info. Frequent hand washing (5+ times a day) actually reduces transmission of illnesses by over 70%, that has plenty of data to back it up. But they aren't doing that for some reason.