Can you get a warning letter for 'missed'

BrownArmy

Why would you sheet those as "missed"? Why not show up a bit later and sheet as "NI" or "CL"?

You can't sheet those examples as NI because they're businesses...you also can't sheet them as closed after 5pm, since, again, these are considered businesses.

Of course, you could 'smoke' the package, and sheet it as NI, but that's not really the right thing to do, is it?

Griff

Are you serious with these questions? Service Failures are NOT an option. Once you get behind the wheel of a package car, you are RESPONSIBLE for controlling the load. You have to act proactively to control the delivery process and that means identifying all business stops for the day. If you have to break off trace to get them delivered, then thats what you do.

You dont have an option to fail packages.

You are lucky you havent been fired as of yet, but keep up this kind of activity and you will be.

Service failing packages is not an option when you lose control of the load.

Peace

TOS

Really? It sounds to me like you lost control of your load when you hit the reply button.

There's no way in hell I'd sit in an office and even entertain the idea of a warning letter for something like this.

A) The kid is a rookie.
B) He isn't being trained properly. Probably because his oncar is too busy following 15+ year drivers and trying to fire them for backing up to a dock instead of handcarting everything.
C) He's going out cold, which isn't how it's done in 2012. All of these routes are grossly overdispatched. 3 days of supervisor training on a route or until the driver feels he has a strong grasp of area knowledge.

These service failures are an option, for his managers. They are choosing to let him (and the packages) fail. Period.

over9five

Staff member
Really? It sounds to me like you lost control of your load when you hit the reply button.

There's no way in hell I'd sit in an office and even entertain the idea of a warning letter for something like this.

A) The kid is a rookie.
B) He isn't being trained properly. Probably because his oncar is too busy following 15+ year drivers and trying to fire them for backing up to a dock instead of handcarting everything.
C) He's going out cold, which isn't how it's done in 2012. All of these routes are grossly overdispatched. 3 days of supervisor training on a route or until the driver feels he has a strong grasp of area knowledge.

These service failures are an option, for his managers. They are choosing to let him (and the packages) fail. Period.
Plus 100, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our current DM has stated that thanks to EDD no has to go out "in the blind" anymore. Any driver can jump on any route in the building and have a good day.

over9five

Staff member
Our current DM has stated that thanks to EDD no has to go out "in the blind" anymore. Any driver can jump on any route in the building and have a good day.
I hope you called him out on his BS.
You still don't know the streets, and you still don't know about those surprise little businesses in section 8.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was off two weeks ago. The cover driver who was supposed to cover the area called in "sick" so they sent another cover driver out blind. He got through it but ended up having to come in, dump his pickups and go back out. He did not have a good day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Sounds like a guy who spent two or three hours training on a Clarksville board and now he knows it all. I would pay good money to get to watch this turd put some browns on and go demonstrate how his superior knowledge actually works out in the real world.

Griff

Sounds like a guy who spent two or three hours training on a Clarksville board and now he knows it all. I would pay good money to get to watch this turd put some browns on and go demonstrate how his superior knowledge actually works out in the real world.

I'd put up the rest of the money that I will ever make at UPS that there isn't 1 DM or center manager in the country that could take a truck out like this, take their full break period and make the "9.5 cutoff" with no service failures. I wouldn't even break a sweat making that bet, either. It's a LOCK.

photo.JPG

"Gotta control the load!" - The Other Side
photo.JPG

danlin

Our Center Manager had a PCM basically telling us that with EDD, we don't have to think anymore, the job is all automated and that a trained monkey could almost do it...He said that our planned day is in our DIADS and all we have to do is follow that.

danlin

Are you serious with these questions? Service Failures are NOT an option. Once you get behind the wheel of a package car, you are RESPONSIBLE for controlling the load. You have to act proactively to control the delivery process and that means identifying all business stops for the day. If you have to break off trace to get them delivered, then thats what you do.

You dont have an option to fail packages.

You are lucky you havent been fired as of yet, but keep up this kind of activity and you will be.

Service failing packages is not an option when you lose control of the load.

Peace

TOS

Please, are you serious with this post??? Missed is ALWAYS ALWAYS an option that is why it is in the DIAD. Throughout my 32 year driving career I have had many missed pieces and they have never been my fault. I have even told an center manager that he was going to see a record missed day if he didn't help reduce my load. I have always had a saying that missed pkgs are NEVER the fault of a driver they are the fault of a preloader putting the pkg in the wrong place or the pathetic management team dispatch. I am always in control of the load until it is loaded way out of my control at which point I call in and put the missed pkg decision on the center management team, at that point it is their RESPONSIBILITY to make sure there are no service failures instead of asking the driver "why" and "whats the problem".I have done this numerous times and have never had ANY kind of discipline because as long as you let the management team know that you will be missing pieces it is THEIR responsibility to make service not play the blame game with the driver.
You sound as if you have been brainwashed by upper management that we can't miss packages but in truth I have used service failures as a way to show management that there is a big problem on my route when they won't listen to what is really going on out in the streets. In no way should my rant be misconstrued as me not being a service providing type of driver. I have always provided the best service to all my customers even with all the restrictions the management team puts on us and my customers will attest to that!
Peace......