can you hit all 20 stops in 37 miles, unloading 20 boxes each stop.

Motor

so theres this big circle around the city, and it runs for about 37 miles. in those 37 miles I have to hit 20 different spots.
so every 2 miles I would make a delivery.
each stop Iam unloading 240 pounds of product(20 boxes), they will be already sorted and put on pallets.

is it safe to say with bad traffic Iam only gonna be able to hit 10 stops?

I ask because I have no experience in being a delivery driver. I have loaded some trucks for the drivers, and some of those trucks have like 80 stops, mind you each stop is quick with just one or two boxes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
so theres this big circle around the city, and it runs for about 37 miles. in those 37 miles I have to hit 20 different spots.
each stop Iam unloading 240 pounds of product(20 boxes), they will be already sorted and put on pallets.

I ask because I have no experience in being a delivery driver. I have loaded some trucks for the drivers, and some of those trucks have like 80 stops, mind you each stop is quick with just one or two boxes.
In how much time?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

@Gumby

oldngray

nowhere special
10 hours?

truck is a 16-18 foot, holds close to 10 pallets(lying flat with product on them), each pallet would be for one stop, each pallet would have 20 boxes on them. No dock.
That is more a freight question than small package delivery. Huge difference between them. This is the freight thread but there are few people around here from Freight.

upschuck

If deliveries are cartable, shouldn't have a problem with 20 stops and 37 miles, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Hell I used to do that before 10:30

maxicoze

Maybe @maxicoze can answer it. He’s Freight.

It really depends:
1) What city? Makes all the difference-----Downtown Philly, forget it. Greensboro, NC do-able.
2) Are these inside deliveries? If so, can you roll the pallet inside with a pallet jack, or will the pallet have to be broken down and brought in on a handcart?
3) You got a liftgate?
4) How are the customers? How far are they from where the truck will be parked? 1st floor, second floor etc.?

5) Traffic: Little or a lot? Makes all the difference in the world. See #1.
6) What is the product? How heavy? How large are the boxes?

Motor

check your pm
It really depends:
1) What city? Makes all the difference-----Downtown Philly, forget it. Greensboro, NC do-able.
2) Are these inside deliveries? If so, can you roll the pallet inside with a pallet jack, or will the pallet have to be broken down and brought in on a handcart?
3) You got a liftgate?
4) How are the customers? How far are they from where the truck will be parked? 1st floor, second floor etc.?

5) Traffic: Little or a lot? Makes all the difference in the world. See #1.
6) What is the product? How heavy? How large are the boxes?

Maplewood

The obvious answer is it will take as long as it takes. If you aren't sure then you havnt done it before, which means it will take you longer. Everything is easier when you know where you are going. Just relax and be glad you get paid hourly!