Can your pay drop when bidding on a different driver position?

YourCO

I was hired as a regular temporary driver, then offered a 22.4 driver job, which I also took. When I switched to 22.4, i was red circled at my higher reg temp rate, which I am still at.
Now there are RPCD bid sheets up, which I signed. If I win the bid, will my pay drop to match where I'd be in the RPCD progression, since I never reached 22.4 top rate, or will I keep my old reg-temp rate until I exceed it?
And if it does drop, can I back out of signing the bid sheet?
Atlantic Supplement. Thanks guys. Will ask my steward, too.

JustDeliverIt

Normally, you stay at your red circled rate until your classified progression rate passes it and you then follow your progression. Unless, of course, there is supplemental language that says otherwise. Talk to a local BA or steward to verify.

542thruNthru

3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Normally, you stay at your red circled rate until your classified progression rate passes it and you then follow your progression. Unless, of course, there is supplemental language that says otherwise. Talk to a local BA or steward to verify.

Shift 2

I was hired as a regular temporary driver, then offered a 22.4 driver job, which I also took. When I switched to 22.4, i was red circled at my higher reg temp rate, which I am still at.
Now there are RPCD bid sheets up, which I signed. If I win the bid, will my pay drop to match where I'd be in the RPCD progression, since I never reached 22.4 top rate, or will I keep my old reg-temp rate until I exceed it?
No you won’t drop you’ll stay at 85 percent of top rate until you hit top rate. That’s how I works in the southern supplement at least.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I think it would be very shortsighted of you to pass on a rpcd position

When is the last time you personally opened the contract?