Canada vs USA

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
quebec_driver said:
Jules
I was in Quebec City around 20 Years ago when I was in the army.
I`m not bald but I do have the pot.

I don't remember meeting any army guys (cause i would definitely remember something like that) ...it's cool we may have been in the same place at the same time...it was May 1984 - so i guess it was 22 years ago. My group was the weirdos running around looking like the guard at Buckingham Palace...yeah, scary isn't it...the hat really makes the outfit. When were you there?

and don't worry about the pot...atleast you have your hair :)

quebec_driver

79-82 in Valcartier , Base north of Quebec City, The guard`s headdress is called a busby it weights around 15 pounds and is made of beaver fur. the guards are members of the 2nd bataillon Royal 22e Regiment, the VANDOOS I was a member of the 3rd bataillon....

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
quebec_driver said:
79-82 in Valcartier , Base north of Quebec City, The guard`s headdress is called a busby it weights around 15 pounds and is made of beaver fur. the guards are members of the 2nd bataillon Royal 22e Regiment, the VANDOOS I was a member of the 3rd bataillon....

i don't think we got north of the city - different time period anyway. the hat was heavy, but i don't think we had 'authentic' ones - i don't remember it weighing 15 lbs - felt like it sometimes though :) we played in the famous hotel (that i can never remember the name of) and we visited St. Anne's? Some beautiful well known church near Quebec. This is why I have to go back - it's been so long I can't remember any of the names of things. I do remember being fascinated by the city and thinking how beautiful it was.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"This is why I have to go back - it's been so long I can't remember any of the names of things. I do remember being fascinated by the city and thinking how beautiful it was."

JULES....wait a few more years and you'll be saying, "What city?":)

quebec_driver

the hotel was the Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City was voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world ... I never get tired of going there...

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
quebec_driver said:
the hotel was the Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City was voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world ... I never get tired of going there...

That's the one!!!! Beautiful hotel. Our little concert someplace else was canceled. Our band director went into the hotel and talked to whomever you talk to and asked if we could play in the lobby...amazingly the hotel people said yes. It was a cool experience.

DS

Fenderbender
I know this is an old thread but our government has just voted and now Quebec is a "nation within a nation" and I disagree with the digression.
Young kids growing up in Quebec should be Canadians first.
A (distinct society) is no reason for them to feel alienated from the rest of us. I want Canadians to be Canadians no matter what .

hoser

Industrial Slob
DS

What would happen when those French/Canucks make a country of their own?

d
Good question: no one knows. The Quebecois just know that they want out :lol::lol::lol:. They're just (still) pissed that France sold them down the river in the treaty of Paris for a carribean island :tongue_sm

I know this is an old thread but our government has just voted and now Quebec is a "nation within a nation" and I disagree with the digression.
Young kids growing up in Quebec should be Canadians first.
A (distinct society) is no reason for them to feel alienated from the rest of us. I want Canadians to be Canadians no matter what .
You can't deny that this motion was pure and unequivocal strategic brilliance on Stephen Harper's part. Now he has Quebec largely on side, which, in 2004, depised him.

Quebec wants out. The way to do it best is to compromise, or at least use it to your political advantage ;). Just look at Liberals and the gun registry; why not parade victims of gun deaths to get points from the public for liberal policy (the gun registry) that actually did nothing to stop those deaths? It's good politicking

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
2ntldgo.jpg