Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I didn’t post a thread about the “cancel culture” before now because I naively/stupidly thought it would go away. As more and more people and things are being canceled though, I guess it needs its own thread.

For some reason, some people are unable to reason in their minds that things that happened a long time ago are not going to be the same as the current “woke culture” and should be either canceled or whitewashed. The latest thing to be found offensive or “canceled”, is The Muppet Show.

old levi's

blank space
Everything that we know, or experience is just a huge tapestry that we cannot fully see, because we are too close, or because we bring all of our own baggage to the party. It's complicated.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I didn’t post a thread about the “cancel culture” before now because I naively/stupidly thought it would go away. As more and more people and things are being canceled though, I guess it needs its own thread.

For some reason, some people are unable to reason in their minds that things that happened a long time ago are not going to be the same as the current “woke culture” and should be either canceled or whitewashed. The latest thing to be found offensive or “canceled”, is The Muppet Show.
I find a message like this maybe be the best we can do. They aren’t removing the content, just distancing themselves from it, while still making money off of it....

vantexan

Why is it that one particular political persuasion is doing most, if not all, the cancelling? Exactly why would anyone find a world run by a lynch mob mentality attractive? Seems it's reaching way beyond Twitter now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember seeing "Song of the South" in the theater when I was a kid, Disney completely buried it you can't even buy a copy now and I can't really blame them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I find a message like this maybe be the best we can do. They aren’t removing the content, just distancing themselves from it, while still making money off of it....

"We disapprove of racism, but not so much that we won't make a buck off it."
Lol.

What does Disney find offensive? Mel Brooks' depiction of a Nazi Officer?

Sportello

You can get it on torrent sites.
Got it in my plex library.
My kid likes it.
Suck it libs.
Oh, I knows. I knows. I'm just a worn-out ol' man what don't do nothin' but tell stories. But they ain't never done no harm to nobody. And if they don't do no good, how come they last so long? This here's the only home I knows. I was going to whitewash the walls, too, but not now. Time done run out.