Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

It will be fine

No reference to a book given. For someone so broad minded you are sure quick to shoot down anything critical of this government. She's written a lot of books but this is the first time I've ever seen her on FOX.
Her book on state censorship was published in Oct 20. She’s selling you what you want to hear.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
48blrc.jpg

Hopefully this is on topic....

I honestly still have no clue what cancel culture is.

I shall return after a little research....

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
I don’t really understand cancel culture but I do understand boycotts.

I mean if you’re a reprehensible d-bag who’s been doing a-hole things for a decade, why should people want anything to do with you? It’s like your freedom of speech. Say what you like. Doesn’t mean I have to listen or do business with you.

We have a local car dealership that goes out of its way to put fairly right wing religious billboards out front of their building. I certainly believe it’s their right to do so but I won’t shop there. Obviously they will still do good business.

So is it cancel culture when they finally offend enough people that it really hurts their business? Who’s fault is that?
Yours. You OWE them your business.

Jk

It will be fine

So are the right wingers mad about the opposition to Neera Tanden because of her mean tweets? Sounds like an embrace of cancel culture to me. No discussion about her qualifications, just opposition for criticizing Republican Senators. Republican worldview is you can’t have a job if you criticize government officials, so long as you’re a democrat.

vantexan

So are the right wingers mad about the opposition to Neera Tanden because of her mean tweets? Sounds like an embrace of cancel culture to me. No discussion about her qualifications, just opposition for criticizing Republican Senators. Republican worldview is you can’t have a job if you criticize government officials, so long as you’re a democrat.
What goes around....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can't go around saying inflammatory stuff on Twitter and think you're never gonna get called on it especially if the job you want depends on the votes of people that you publicly insulted. Just the way it is. At the end of the day there's plenty of other people who are qualified for the job who don't have the same baggage. You know what I like most about Merrick Garland? He doesn't have a Twitter account. Future nominees take note.