Can't Say I Was Impressed......

Leftinbuilding

Just got back from my first trip to Ruth Crisps Steakhouse. I have heard about these restaurants for years, but had never been to one. The food was very good and the ambiance was relaxing, but for the price........ Anybody else have similar thoughts?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just got back from my first trip to Ruth Crisps Steakhouse. I have heard about these restaurants for years, but had never been to one. The food was very good and the ambiance was relaxing, but for the price........ Anybody else have similar thoughts?

Been there a couple of times. The food is top-shelf but so are the prices.
A little too rich for my pocketbook!

LiL"Comet"

I myself went to Ruth's Chris about 3 weeks ago virgin run as well. I had heard it was so great... food was great but, for the price I would be just as happy going to OUTBACK or ROADHOUSE the steaks are just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper. There was 4 of us that went the bill after 1 mixed drink a piece our supper (nothing out of ordinary) $$389 not counting tip. Like I said the food was great but not my cup of tea, I've never paid that much for a meal before doubt I ever will again. I'm just a country girl fix a hell of steak :bbq: at home relax then get the fishing poles ready lets to fishing.

Oh! the bread pudding (desert @ RC) was to die for so I got that recipe off inter net. I always like to have a cup of coffee when I finish my meal w/ desert but I just couldn't bring myself to get a cup there it was $9 bucks..

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Mortons, and others like that are not my cup of tea either. I hate the ala carte pricing. If I'm having steak, the potato better come with it. I'd rather go to Claim Jumper or Olive Garden or Outback too.

We make great ribeyes at home....best tasting steak there is......to me.

We used to eat dinner out a lot, but my hubby said the food I make tastes better than the restaurant's food. Bless his little ole pea pickin' heart!

Sometimes we just like the #3 at Taco Bell.

Leftinbuilding

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Mortons, and others like that are not my cup of tea either. I hate the ala carte pricing. If I'm having steak, the potato better come with it. I'd rather go to Claim Jumper or Olive Garden or Outback too.

We make great ribeyes at home....best tasting steak there is......to me.

We used to eat dinner out a lot, but my hubby said the food I make tastes better than the restaurant's food. Bless his little ole pea pickin' heart!

Sometimes we just like the #3 at Taco Bell.

Had to laugh at that. My wife says "Bless his pumpkin-headed little heart". She's from Texas. They have lots of "sayings".

I agree with everything else you said......except it's #1 at Taco Bell. :happy2:

Camping Nana

I'm not impressed with Ruth Chris either! I'm with the Outback, Roadhouse people - but I like Black Angus better - it's quieter and don't have to deal with all the extra noise. :happy2: Guess I'm just old and cantankerous. :wink2:

I think it is obscene to pay that kind of money for a meal - and I HATE ala carte pricing! I'm with whoever said "the potato better come with it"! :happy2:

Camping Nana

have question about health coverage under new ups/ibt plan how do u post question

I believe your question would best be asked in the "UPS Discussions" part of the forum. At the top left side of the page is a "box" entitled New Thread. Click there and it opens up for your to type your question.

Is this as clear as mud? :happy2: