car opinions

DS

Fenderbender
My little 02 nissan sentra is a nice dependable little car but it has almost 150,000 km on it ,come spring I'm getting a new one.I'd like your opinions.
heres my choices with my choice of options
Chevy Malibu $24,500
Ford Fusion $28,000
Subaru Impreza $25,500
Toyota Corolla $23,500

Last edited:

EmerCond421

Just my 2 cents - have an '05 Malibu and not a lick of trouble (ok, just had to replace the original battery 2 weeks ago). Gets good gas mileage too.:happy2:

klein

Für Meno :)
My little 02 nissan sentra is a nice dependable little car but it has almost 150,000 km on it ,come spring I'm getting a new one.I'd like your opinions.
heres my choices with my choice of options
Chevy Malibu $24,500
Ford Fusion $28,000
Subaru Impreza $25,500
Toyota Corolla $23,500

DS, almost every Saturday, I watch the "car show"....
They really loved the Ford Fusion.
And they compared them to the ones you mentioned.
It's a hybrid, cheap on gas, and has guts, and a great drive.

Do the research for yourself.
I seen that show !
I'm surprised you didn't mention the Toyota Prius though.... might be too expensive, but thats also a number 1....

and btw: 150K is nothing... you drove lots of highway clicks...... you will get easy by with 250 k, before it dies.

Big Babooba

You're comparing apples to oranges. The Subaru has AWD, the others don't. I know you don't like Mazdas, but the new 3 and 6 are great cars. The only problem I've had with my Mazda 6 is that it keeps getting dirty.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You're comparing apples to oranges. The Subaru has AWD, the others don't. I know you don't like Mazdas, but the new 3 and 6 are great cars. The only problem I've had with my Mazda 6 is that it keeps getting dirty.
And during the winter it sucks to get out there and hand wash your car in the freezing weather. I know how much you hate going to the cah wahsh.:happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender
I just like the look of these cars,is there something about AWD that is going to change anything ?BTW I take back what I said about mazdas,they have come a long way since my protege'.
maybe we should ask grandanny his advice

Big Babooba

I just like the look of these cars,is there something about AWD that is going to change anything ?BTW I take back what I said about mazdas,they have come a long way since my protege'.
maybe we should ask grandanny his advice

You'll know come the first snow. I deliver out in the boonies. Some of the driveways are like ski slopes. Subaru seems to be the most popular car by far.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, does the car have to be brand new? Only reason I am asking is because you can get a really good deal on a lease turn in and, for the most part, these vehicles have been taken care of, have relatively low mileage and are in very good shape.

bigbrownhen

Although I think any car with front wheel drive will be fine, you guys up north get alot more snow than we do in the mid-west. I agree with BB on the fact the all wheel drive is probably the best option for where your are, unless you have a 4x4 as a back up.
What about comfort, which one had the best interior for a nice long drive?
Looking at the program cars is a good idea as well, I got a good deal on my 08.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, but I have a Chevy Blazer and a Chevy Tahoe. The mini was when I needed a very short car and I didn't care what kind of car, just the shortest.......it was the shortest in 2005!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Drive a Honda Accord before you make up your mind. My wife drives a 2007 Accord and to be honest its been the most trouble free car I have ever owned. (mine was assembled in America with 67% american parts).

fethrs

Ds I've got a 94 Subaru Impreza and I love it, handles well and has get up and go with the turbo and decent on gas. No problems with it since I've had it and it has almost 90,000 miles on it. The AWD may come in handy for you too. If you can, test drive the cars you like, it may help you decide. Good luck.