Cardinal sin termination

UPSerSC88

Has anyone heard of someone getting their job back after termination of a cardinal sin? Husband was just terminated after just being told he got ft driving. Idiot took a video game that fell out of the box last week and they just fired him last night. I'm terrified. We have two small kids, a mortgage, bills, insurance... Idk what were going to do. Please no bashing. I'm just a wife of a husband who made the mistake. A very stupid, very serious mistake. His shop steward is filing a grievance on his behalf and he is fighting for his job. I just want to know if there is any hope bc at the moment, I feel like there is none. All of our struggles, all of the time put in to get here and, proof, gone. Advice, encouragement, and positive/negative stories welcome!

over9five

Staff member
I would say no hope at all for theft. I would think it would depend HOW they caught him.
May I ask how they caught him?

UPSerSC88

He admitted to it when asked and returned the game. All of his supervisors and the supervisor manager are fighting for him too. He has many ties within UPS and that's the only strand of hope that I'm holding on to. :(

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
why would he take a 50 dollar game that cost him a 60000 dollar job. My thinking would be this isn't an honest mistake

UPSerSC88

That's exactly what I said too Jkloc420. I mean, it's not an honest mistake. He took the game point blank. He did something very idiotic and he knows that. We have been counting on this job for 5+ years and messed it up with one very serious action. Has anyone heard of someone coming back from this??

Jkloc420

That's exactly what I said too Jkloc420. I mean, it's not an honest mistake. He took the game point blank. He did something very idiotic and he knows that. We have been counting on this job for 5+ years and messed it up with one very serious action. Has anyone heard of someone coming back from this??
I've been at ups for 15 years and stealing is pretty much end of the line. The problem is what if he does it again

Jkloc420

also ups will go back and check their records and see if other stuff came up missing

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Unfortunately, his integrity has been compromised and probably will not have the opportunity to correct it at UPS. If he wasn't caught, he would have done the same thing again down the road.

I am sorry your family may have to pay dearly for it. UPS doesn't take this stuff lightly.

UPSerSC88

I've been at ups for 15 years and stealing is pretty much end of the line. The problem is what if he does it again
I know. And that's what sucks because he is such a great guy. Everyone up there knows him and his family and knows he's a great guy. For some reason he did it. He doesn't even understand why he did it. He never does stuff like this. The problem is, the panel and head of security doesn't know him and what a great, standup guy he is.