career in UPS

rchx

Hi UPSers,

I am considering joining deliver service ad currently looking at USPS or UPS. Already interviewed with USPS for a Rural Carrier Associate position and got referred in the end. However, what he told me about my life in USPS is filled with uncertainties, at least in the begining:
no insurance, non-career, guaranteed only 2-4 hours per week, required to on-call / standing by for duty, and not sure for how long the period will be.

I asked whether I can get more hours if I can finish assigned duty earlier, in response, he said he is hiring 6 RCAs and he prefer to let every RCA has average hours.

I wonder if in UPS the situation for new hires would be better? I don't mind to work hard or harder, at least my income would be more secured compared with $30- $60/week.

Any related work life for UPS delivery driver job would be helpful, thanks.

upschuck

There is a lot of uncertainty at the beginning with ups, as well. It all depends on package volume, and number of people on vacation. PT work is a whole lot easier to get into, and to work more regular. FT driver job, would be very erratic at the beginning.

As of this contract, you will make a lot more with ups in the long run, than you would the po, but to start, the po probably start higher(PT).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi UPSers,

I am considering joining deliver service ad currently looking at USPS or UPS. Already interviewed with USPS for a Rural Carrier Associate position and got referred in the end. However, what he told me about my life in USPS is filled with uncertainties, at least in the begining:
no insurance, non-career, guaranteed only 2-4 hours per week, required to on-call / standing by for duty, and not sure for how long the period will be.

I asked whether I can get more hours if I can finish assigned duty earlier, in response, he said he is hiring 6 RCAs and he prefer to let every RCA has average hours.

I wonder if in UPS the situation for new hires would be better? I don't mind to work hard or harder, at least my income would be more secured compared with $30- $60/week.

$30 to $60 a week

You got a sugar momma or

Live in a box

Hi UPSers,

go on youtube and see what people think of UPS. i was like you i started doing amazonflex then moved up to white vans then kept hearing about the great benefits and career options ups provides. every single supervisor/HR person i talked lied to my face the only person that was honest was the steward who told me i wasnt even going to make enough to pay bills working for ups sadly i thought i he was joking. keep this in mind before you join ups

1.start times will be all over the place 4 or 5 hour swings from day to day
2. you will only be working 3 or 4 hours a day
3. you will only be making around 120 a week
4. takes around 4 months to get into the union
5. takes 1 year to get benefits
6. you will have a supervisor breathing down your neck from the time you start to the time you leave.

if people would have been honest with me about UPS i would have never joined sadly i am stuck working at UPS till i get another job now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
go on youtube and see what people think of UPS. i was like you i started doing amazonflex then moved up to white vans then kept hearing about the great benefits and career options ups provides. every single supervisor/HR person i talked lied to my face the only person that was honest was the steward who told me i wasnt even going to make enough to pay bills working for ups sadly i thought i he was joking. keep this in mind before you join ups

1.start times will be all over the place 4 or 5 hour swings from day to day
2. you will only be working 3 or 4 hours a day
3. you will only be making around 120 a week
4. takes around 4 months to get into the union
5. takes 1 year to get benefits
6. you will have a supervisor breathing down your neck from the time you start to the time you leave.

if people would have been honest with me about UPS i would have never joined sadly i am stuck working at UPS till i get another job now.

You must be a total loser if you can’t find another $10 an hour job

Hers a tip try McDonald’s

You must be a total loser if you can’t find another $10 an hour job

Hers a tip try McDonald’s

finding a job is easy. finding a job that will cater to someone that works at UPS and starts at a different time every day is the hard part. sadly im not a crackhead like most of my coworkers so i cant stay awake 24/7. after about a week of working at ups i noticed that most of the people that work there just do it because ups doesnt drug test.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
finding a job is easy. finding a job that will cater to someone that works at UPS and starts at a different time every day is the hard part. sadly im not a crackhead like most of my coworkers so i cant stay awake 24/7. after about a week of working at ups i noticed that most of the people that work there just do it because ups doesnt drug test.
So you're that broke you can't afford to quit a job that pays $120 that is as Shty as UPS to find a better paying job. @burrheadd called it right...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Make friends they might hook ya up

So you're that broke you can't afford to quit a job that pays $120 that is as Shty as UPS to find a better paying job. @burrheadd called it right...

no i dont like being a lazy sack of :censored2: and staying at home all day so ill be at ups for atleast another week while my background check completes and i can go back to working for amazon

why are you guys being so defensive people come in here looking for the truth its not like you guys get anything out of up selling ups to people. is anything i said false? its all 100 percent truth most of the people that get hired quit within a week. USPS is just as bad those pieces of :censored2: fired me because i was working at ups even though i asked every single person that interviewed me if it was ok and they all said yes.

actually i own my house good try though. thats why i thought i could get by working for ups since i dont have a mortgage but ups doesnt even pay enough to pay for food and my insurance

What kind of house does $120 a week get you?

um i have only been working for ups for a couple months... just joined up because i fell for the who career bs. i was making almost 5k a month with amazon before fyi thats why im going back to amazon. also helps that im not a drug addict and save my money. this is what ups reminds me of

enjoy your dwindling benefits and dreams of one day becoming a pilot cuz im pretty sure your sup said it was possible right? lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
um i have only been working for ups for a couple months... just joined up because i fell for the who career bs. i was making almost 5k a month with amazon before fyi thats why im going back to amazon. also helps that im not a drug addict and save my money. this is what ups reminds me of

enjoy your dwindling benefits and dreams of one day becoming a pilot cuz im pretty sure your sup said it was possible right? lol
Geez stop the whining and quit already.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
Idc what job you take. Every job has bs to contend with. You’re a crybaby complainer and are self entitled. It’s called “paying your dues”. Most folks package handled and worked their way up into what they have now. It’s a bs job and they work you to death, abuse you, play games, test your work ethic, test your mental capacity, test your physical limits for years. Full scale drivers make almost 37 a hour with full benefits after just 5 years of driving. Paid vacation. Lots of complaining because in hindsight you gotta be crazy to do this job. Please go back to Amazon, theyre a joke just like you