Career path with a degree in management

Mo19072

It’s not that I’m planning to go into management anytime soon but I’m curious to know what my options are with a bachelor degree in business management. I know you can go into management without a degree, but what advantages do I have? Thanks

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You go into management, they own you !!
Don’t even think about it !
You’ll be a salaried cover driver or twi / preload worker , never to meet their fictional numbers , always chasing the carrot !!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It’s not that I’m planning to go into management anytime soon but I’m curious to know what my options are with a bachelor degree in business management. I know you can go into management without a degree, but what advantages do I have? Thanks
giphy.gif

Box Ox

Edited to be nicer:

Just don't.

RolloTony Brown Town

become a driver. Do that for awhile. Get to top rate. Make top rate for a few years. If you still want it after making 40/hr then have at it. It’s not all lollipops sunshine and rainbows.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
No kidding. What he just said. Because the career path as a driver is $40 an hour with a degree. Free medical, pension, and union protection.
Takes a lot of education to do better than that in many places.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The advantage you have (seeing that you have a bonafide college degree) is that you can use your vast mental capacity to make rational decisions and pilot your future contentment, bolstering your self worth by not becoming someone who lies, connives, and treats people like animals for a living.
In time the golden handcuffs will cut off the blood to your brain and your heart will become hard and cold.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
If you're still looking for help on this then ask around your center or hub. Many, many hourlies have bachelor's degrees. I have one, bachelor's in business management, as a driver and made $87000 last year without breaking a sweat. $94000 the year before, $92000 the year before that. With the free medical, pension, etc.

Co-worker has a degree in accounting, another with a degree in marketing. Get your degree! You will always have it. But don't go into management here. You will hate yourself.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I think you should do it!

Utility81

You could be the guy that does the compliance training. HUGE advantage to you for being able to read and write. Sit in a room with 20 drivers 2.5 hours before their start time. Read to them about hazmats, fuel spills and conveyor securing.. If will be lights out.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The advantage you have (seeing that you have a bonafide college degree) is that you can use your vast mental capacity to make rational decisions and pilot your future contentment, bolstering your self worth by not becoming someone who lies, connives, and treats people like animals for a living.
In time the golden handcuffs will cut off the blood to your brain and your heart will become hard and cold.
Are you by chance a fiction novelist? You use a lot of unnecessary words to make simple points. Here let me translate:

“You’re a smart guy, you’ll be just fine.
But eventually this place is going to turn you into a jerk”

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you're still looking for help on this then ask around your center or hub. Many, many hourlies have bachelor's degrees. I have one, bachelor's in business management, as a driver and made $87000 last year without breaking a sweat. $94000 the year before, $92000 the year before that. With the free medical, pension, etc.

Co-worker has a degree in accounting, another with a degree in marketing. Get your degree! You will always have it. But don't go into management here. You will hate yourself.
I think it is a fine springboard to something else, everyone assumes that starting as an ORS or center manager peon you are stuck there for life.

UnionGuy

There are no real advantages going into management at UPS. Instead use that degree to get another job and stay part time at UPS. That way you can still enjoy the benefits.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would do it! You can climb to the top!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

With a degree in management you will be overqualified for a management position with UPS. You should start a business and manage that.