Carrying cash.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Honestly the main reason I don't carry cash is I see it as free money. What I mean is it's not in my checking account so it's not affecting any bills I'm paying. So I spend it on stupid :censored2: like its free money.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My wife and I each take a hundred a week in cash.
Interesting to see the difference. I just checked and I still have 18 from last Friday. Granted I can't remember the last time I bought lunch on the route. We spend about 150-200 a week on groceries which goes on the Amex (3% back up to 6k yr, no annual fee) and another card for the 2% on gas and resurants which we pay off weekly.

Wife is a stay at home mom and really doesn't use her 20 either. Think she bought a purse off a garage sale site with some of her weeks money she saved up. I really can't think of a time when we ever use cash anymore, even all of our bills are set up on auto pay to our credit cards.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like you know people that are bad with money then ;)
Yes, a lot. Another quote of the day; "Now that we make more I can work even less. It's amazing how much you bring home working two days a week" -a guy that panicked when he didn't get an option day put in so his electricity was going to get cut off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, a lot. Another quote of the day; "Now that we make more I can work even less. It's amazing how much you bring home working two days a week" -a guy that panicked when he didn't get an option day put in so his electricity was going to get cut off.
One of my best friends husbands is like this. She just passed her CPA exam and he's bragging about how he doesn't have to work anymore because she is gonna make so much more. Lets just say she has other plans.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was a package driver, the first thing I did when I got to my area was take my wallet out of my back pocket and stick it on the top shelf behind the bulkhead. Keep from riding on it and maybe popping out of your pocket, plus easier on your sweating butt. I always took $100.00/week for my allowance. Kept a couple of hundred in my "rathole" hidden in my wallet, which my wife was not allowed to go through.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
For sure...if there's no guns or knives involved then lets do the damn thing! You may win and take my money...but you're going to need it to pay for the doctor visit.

rod

Retired 22 years
Curious as to what you guys spend 200 a week on between you and your wives.

Well there is going for a beer with the guys about 3 times a week and grabbing a burger while out and about just about every day. I don't know--it just seems to disappear. At least I'm not wasting it.:happy-very: Besides if I don't spend it my Son-in-law will get to when we die and there is no reason for him to have more fun on Earth in his time than I did during mine.