Casual debating staying - need your opinion

JJ85

Im a casual off the street with fedex delivery experience. After taking a chance to prove i can be a ups driver. I was told by management my supervisors and drivers i was 1 in my bliuding to get hired full time bcuz there was six spots opening. There was only two guys ahead of me bcuz they was inside guys but my numbers was the best. After being layed off i was told it should take 2 weeks max to be called back. But then it became a month i called to see whats happening. I was told there is a spot for me but there waiting for the ok. March came and i got the call tuesday- saturday which i didnt minded. But after doing a new background now i was told there is hiring freeze bcuz of a bid. So i decied to get my CDL as im starting school ups calls me back in May. I ask if its full time or casual again HR couldnt give me answer. So i told them im in school and im not leaving school unless its for full time. I got my cdl and im working as a casual again but im in the union being that i went to school with the teamsters. Im told they got a spot for me but i feel they just using me. Should i try this season to see i make book or just find a different job driving trailer. I found out district manger DQ me for be over a hr alot. But i helped everyone after doing my work 240 stops a day full timers and causals. I also found out they brought back 5 guys

JJ85

Thanks man i was told that but first week back im already asked to help. Atleast once a week im asked to helped, when im about to be under.

JJ85

Its a catch 22 i told my sup he knows i dont mind helping anyone but i got :censored2:ed last season. He even told me that i must be no more then a .5 over or under on my 30 days.

JJ85

Should i waste my time on staying as a casual in hoping to be fulltime or go to a other job driving tractor trailer. This is the frist time i posted and trust not something im a fan about.

DOK

Should i waste my time on staying as a casual in hoping to be fulltime or go to a other job driving tractor trailer. This is the frist time i posted and trust not something im a fan about.
It's a seniority work place, just gotta wait your turn, everyone's been through it.

LeadBelly

Banned
How can we answer this question. You have to think long and hard on it. Ups can be a great place to make a living, but it's not for everybody. There are so many new people coming on at ups that don't understand the culture. I did my time as a part timer, so I was ready for the bull crap. Others ( and I'm not saying everyone is like this) just can't take the games. Those that can't take the rigoramoe might be suited to work at other place.

Life assures you nothing. You could be born rich, and still fail. Think on this.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whoa, did you goto the center manager and express your intent to now becoming a CDL A driver? Tell them that you can't have ambiguity in their answers so u can move on to better things if they're just "dangling the carrot" to try to keep u on call for this coming peak season...

Why stick with package if u can be hauling trailers & doubles?!?

There's always a demand for them over package car delivery... and you'll be wasting that cdl for their shenanigans...