Casual Or Seasonal Question

UPSDoug

Hey- I was hired off the street as a casual package driver and started driving full time for UPS since the start of October. They had an optional help Saturday last week that I went in for and was sent home immediately due to being pre-seniority. Apparently they can't work Saturdays.
Now a different supervisor is saying I'm actually seasonal and I must work this Saturday. Seasonal makes 25 an hr at my center and I'm only making 18.75, so I don't know who to believe.

ManInBrown

The second supervisor who told you that you must work just wants you to show up just in case they need you. Chances are you’ll be sent home again. They don’t care about your feelings or you driving all the way to work. You’re a body at this point and nothing more. If you’re needed you’ll work, if not you’ll be sent home again. Sucks but that’s just how it is.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey- I was hired off the street as a casual package driver and started driving full time for UPS since the start of October. They had an optional help Saturday last week that I went in for and was sent home immediately due to being pre-seniority. Apparently they can't work Saturdays.
Now a different supervisor is saying I'm actually seasonal and I must work this Saturday. Seasonal makes 25 an hr at my center and I'm only making 18.75, so I don't know who to believe.
i dont know Doug i just dont know

542thruNthru

First who cares what seasonals make you don't want to be one of those.

What is your hire date and do you know what contract you're under. Some areas have a "free period". If you do not have a free period be happy because that means you'll pass your 30days driving and have a job after peak.

If you're a seasonal you'll more then likely be let go after Jan 15th.

Future

Victory Ride
FAB8D9DE-81BC-411E-8C02-8F8BF67A0544.gif

UPSDoug

First who cares what seasonals make you don't want to be one of those.

What is your hire date and do you know what contract you're under. Some areas have a "free period". If you do not have a free period be happy because that means you'll pass your 30days driving and have a job after peak.

If you're a seasonal you'll more then likely be let go after Jan 15th.

Contract? Do you mean what i've been specifically been hired as? It says Casual Package Driver on UPSers and my application when I pull them both up. I don't really know anything aside from that. My start date is OCT 5th. Somebody who started a week before me just qualified, so this should be my final few days coming up if so. I just feel like i'm being bent over. Communication is :censored2: and there are no straight answers.

542thruNthru

Contract? Do you mean what i've been specifically been hired as? It says Casual Package Driver on UPSers and my application when I pull them both up. I don't really know anything aside from that. My start date is OCT 5th. Somebody who started a week before me just qualified, so this should be my final few days coming up if so. I just feel like i'm being bent over. Communication is :censored2: and there are no straight answers.

Bad communication and harassment is what UPS is all about.

UPS is a Union shop. You work under a CBA( collective bargaining agreement). That's what I mean by contract. When you go in on Monday ask a driver who your shop steward is. Tell him/her what is going on. The steward should be able to answer your question.