Casuals coming back march 15th?

UPSGUY72

I find that hard to believe since they aren't creating new route they are just change current routes that are M-friend to T-S routes

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So the work is added to other routes?

Yuppers.

Think about it for a second. Where is this work coming from? This is not unlike advancing loads during Peak, except that there is no volume coming in on Monday to make up the difference.

Locally all of our loads are on property by 9am or so Saturday morning. If they were to start Saturday delivery here they would simply start unloading trailers until about 30 minutes before start time, with whatever left over run on Monday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Monday will be 60% of what it is now, the other 40% got ran on Saturday. Problem is until loads are pushed throughout the system, this is highly unprofitable, for the company that is.

Saturday's are actually better than Monday's in that you only deal with residential deliveries, only commercial stops are UPS stores. Only air is Saturday NDA, residential or commercial, no NDA savers.

Monday's are quite the opposite where management cuts so deep the time commitments for NDA, commercial delivers (cut routes means larger area of commercial) and pickup stops that come off of cuts routes.

You guys can come up with theories and whatnot all you want, this is how it actually is ran. I've been doing 6 days since this started last year.

Edit:
Your Monday route is already set up on Saturday. The commercial and anything else is placed on the truck that is already slated to run Monday. These packages are loaded Saturday with the Pal labels according to Monday's plan.

Monday will be 60% of what it is now, the other 40% got ran on Saturday. Problem is until loads are pushed throughout the system, this is highly unprofitable, for the company that is.

Saturday's are actually better than Monday's in that you only deal with residential deliveries, only commercial stops are UPS stores. Only air is Saturday NDA, residential or commercial, no NDA savers.

Monday's are quite the opposite where management cuts so deep the time commitments for NDA, commercial delivers (cut routes means larger area of commercial) and pickup stops that come off of cuts routes.

You guys can come up with theories and whatnot all you want, this is how it actually is ran. I've been doing 6 days since this started last year.
Screw that 6 days a week, five is enough. Plus working Saturdays would mean I wouldn't have my regular bathroom and coffee stops.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Screw that 6 days a week, five is enough. Plus working Saturdays would mean I wouldn't have my regular bathroom and coffee stops.
You'd be surprised how much easier Saturdays are currently vs working Monday, if you were thinking about making a switch. I'm just speaking from the perspective of doing it 6 days. If I was forced to choose between the two, I'd do T-Sat. This is coming from a guy who swore off working Saturday as a regular day.

Oh Shoot

You'd be surprised how much easier Saturdays are currently vs working Monday, if you were thinking about making a switch. I'm just speaking from the perspective of doing it 6 days. If I was forced to choose between the two, I'd do T-Sat. This is coming from a guy who swore off working Saturday as a regular day.
I would do a tues-sat shift. Get more business done on a monday vs a Saturday

Cementups

Box Monkey
We were told the only people who would be working Saturdays would be drivers at the bottom of the list. Not full time bid drivers.