AlliSeeisBrown

(Package Only) Local No. 71 orders a cease and desist of the IBT safety and health committee in response to the 70 hour work week. The local will no longer approve of any driver that remains a part of these committees. How Bow Dah?

Returntosender

(Package Only) Local No. 71 orders a cease and desist of the IBT safety and health committee in response to the 70 hour work week. The local will no longer approve of any driver that remains a part of these committees. How Bow Dah?
I believe some older posters said safety committees are federal law. Company only does it to be in compliance with such law.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
We've had 12 injuries out of planned 4 inside the building where I am. They literally have a group of hourlies and sups walking around in police reflective vests, hat, shades, police shields, and a stupid :censored2:ing horn theyre supposed to blow when they see a safety violation.

We've had 12 injuries out of planned 4 inside the building where I am. They literally have a group of hourlies and sups walking around in police reflective vests, hat, shades, police shields, and a stupid :censored2:ing horn theyre supposed to blow when they see a safety violation.

Management was out in droves today. We were read our methods and 8 keys of lifting and lowering. They said no person should be seen carrying an over 70 by themselves and we aren't to lay a finger on a package over 149 pounds or we would get a writeup. This is all effective immediately and our union safety has been dissolved.

None of the sups could do the 5s and 8s without reading off a piece of paper. That should tell you how much of a joke they are. The people they supervise know more about what they are supposed to do than mgmt.

tadpole

1. What does that mean, “the local will not approve of any driver”?
2. Do you think this will affect the company negatively? Do you think it could be construed in a way that makes the union look poorly?

km3

Sounds like every hall monitor I've ever seen portrayed on TV...

bbsam

Staff member
Management was out in droves today. We were read our methods and 8 keys of lifting and lowering. They said no person should be seen carrying an over 70 by themselves and we aren't to lay a finger on a package over 149 pounds or we would get a writeup. This is all effective immediately and our union safety has been dissolved.

None of the sups could do the 5s and 8s without reading off a piece of paper. That should tell you how much of a joke they are. The people they supervise know more about what they are supposed to do than mgmt.
So a driver with 18 70# boxes on his truck is supposed to:

1) insist the consignee assist in the delivery or

2) wait for a fellow driver to arrive to assist or

3) all drivers with packages over 70# will be supplied a helper all year long?

So a driver with 18 70# boxes on his truck is supposed to:

1) insist the consignee assist in the delivery or

2) wait for a fellow driver to arrive to assist or

3) all drivers with packages over 70# will be supplied a helper all year long?

Management will fly out on drones to assist with lifting and lowering. =P

Not sure. I didn't ask about drivers. My steward seemed pretty irked and everyone had a thousand questions for him. He just kept telling people he's not their supervisor and need to direct their questions on work methods and safety to management. He will still intervene if mgmt does something unsafe or doesn't fix a safety hazard upon notification but it ends there. He said he's going to stop answering safety questions "period point blank" come the new year. I guess that's how it is now and that sucks. This guy has been around longer than anyone and certainly our safety guy.

The two preloaders who helped run safety get to keep their extra dollar or whatever but can no longer offer advice on methods or safety blahblahblah kill me now.

km3

the safety committee is just a hiding place for pregnant women and land whales to gorge themselves on the centers AMEX

Yep. Saw this :censored2: going on a couple nights ago. But apparently my safety concerns aren't worthy of their attention. I hate the safety committee. What a joke.