Ceased all safetey Committee activities.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Maplewood, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Maplewood

Maplewood New Member

Local 174 has ceased all member participation in all safetey committees in all of our barns as of today. All employee safety committees have been disbanded. UPS obviously does not care at all for our safety anyway. 70 hours! They can start doing the pcms instead of us doing their job.
    It's a good start. Let's save our OT money for the picket line in August!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

So you guys just discovered UPS doesn't care about your safety?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  3. Gumby

Gumby *

Thanks Hoffa

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Maplewood

Maplewood New Member

Nope. They are pushing back the only ways they can. Unions can only do so much with a piece of :censored2: Republican heading the NLRB. It's a good start. I would like to hear of more ways push back. Unions can be sued and therefore cannot be party to things like Slowdowns and Sickouts but if there are any other actions going on I'd like to hear about them.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You guys work in barns?

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Our committee is a bunch of pusillanimous. They do it for the money and won't stop to prove a point.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

pusillanimous (auto correct) LOL. Love it.

8. el blanco

el blanco new member

didn't they provide u with a safety monocle

9. currahee

currahee Member

I and one other member has ceased all Safety Committee activites .Co-chair said when i told him im out" I think you should take the easy money". Its not about easy money. Safety Committee is a total cash grab anyway. Guys do it to make extra money and company has for Liberty Mutual discount. I wish Teamsters would pull plug on Committee nationwide.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. PappyLand

PappyLand Member

What will UPS do!?!?! Who’s going to lead th stretches?!????

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Blackadder 2

Blackadder 2 New Member

Should be done nationwide. If UPS wants to pretend they care about safety fine. But no reason the Teamsters have to go along with the show.

12. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I resigned from the Safety Committee for similar reasons. The company spends billions on technology to cram more stops on cars, there is nothing healthy or safe about that.

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The whole $450?

14. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Before we blame this on the GOP, when Obama had total control, what pro union laws were enacted?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

On your phone I thought the autocorrect would be penis.

16. Jlemansk

Jlemansk Active Member

Get real, Obama didn’t do crap for his 8 years, and did more detrimental things to weaken this country. Obama was a pathetic President, and i venture to say, worse than Jimmy Carter. You will never see tax cuts with a Democrat, or a strong military, secure boarders or fair trade deals. Yea, Clinton sold unions down the drain with his NAFTA deal. I voted Democrat for years, and finally woke up to the fact that they are weak, bad for the country, and the economy. Are you an illegal too?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List