Censorship on Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it just me or has the level of censorship by the mods or the owner of this site increased as of late? I posted twice in the RIP Dannyboy thread and, while I will admit that the posts were less than polite, IMO they did not cross the line and should not have been deleted. I have noticed other members complaining that their posts have either been altered or deleted entirely.

While I do understand the need to maintain a certain level of decorum, I fear that we are getting to the point where we may need to change the name from Brown Cafe to Plain Vanilla Cafe.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

Is it just me or has the level of censorship by the mods or the owner of this site increased as of late? I posted twice in the RIP Dannyboy thread and, while I will admit that the posts were less than polite, IMO they did not cross the line and should not have been deleted. I have noticed other members complaining that their posts have either been altered or deleted entirely.

While I do understand the need to maintain a certain level of decorum, I fear that we are getting to the point where we may need to change the name from Brown Cafe to Plain Vanilla Cafe.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?
One of mine was deleted also. It was off topic ..so I don't a problem.

Your posts was just tasteless

Dr.Brownz

Ive had already auto censored words removed from my post thus rendering my post devoid of meaning. I was put in mod que for a non-offensive post and am now targetted constantly and my posts are edited for no reason.

And then when you report mods making offensive posts you are targeted even more by the same mod you reported. All the owners of this site care about is ad revenue

They dont care about creating a place where ups employees can express their thoughts without censorship or reprisal. I wouldnt be suprised if they sold this site to ups and ups is the one doing the censoring

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If your post was deleted it was because a thread was started by scratch, to be a condolence thread. I believe this would be the one you were referring to although there have been so many.

When you go to a funeral home, you say good things about the person, If you cannot, you probably shouldnt go.

If you quoted the words which were deleted, because they had no place in a condolence thread, that is why yours was deleted. even if you were telling the person who wrote inappropriate things in a condolence thread, that his words were wrong, time/place.

Last edited:
Ive had already auto censored words removed from my post thus rendering my post devoid of meaning. I was put in mod que for a non-offensive post and am now targetted constantly and my posts are edited for no reason.

And then when you report mods making offensive posts you are targeted even more by the same mod you reported. All the owners of this site care about is ad revenue

They dont care about creating a place where ups employees can express their thoughts without censorship or reprisal. I wouldnt be suprised if they sold this site to ups and ups is the one doing the censoring
Wut?
That's just crazy talk. I don't always agree with all of these mods decisions. I can guarantee you that @cheryl is counting stacks of $100 bills..
. at least not from this site.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
kp8te.gif

This will be entertaining

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I can assure you this site has not been taken over by UPS. I would never work for them twice.
I can also assure you that none of us mods, get online and says "who can we censor today?" We like to read, and enjoy also. Preferring to never censor nor delete.

When we do it is to keep our site friendly.

I can assure you this site has not been taken over by UPS. I would never work for them twice.
I can also assure you that none of us mods, get online and says "who can we censor today?" We like to read, and enjoy also. Preferring to never censor nor delete.

When we do it is to keep our s:angel:ite friendly.
So I have to make sexually suggestive remarks in another thread?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So when d e posts items that get deleted or moded, he will start a thread crying censorship.

When others post things about Dave and then Dave cries and it gets deleted, he will say it's fair and other's comments are out of line.

Is that right? Ok gotcha

I'm with@turdferguson, this thread is gonna be entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.