censorship on the internet

DS

Fenderbender
I can't believe that it actually came to this.In my eyes it destroys what America stands for.

SOPA Internet protest - YouTube

This bill gives the government supreme executive power over freedom of speech.
I predict this will not pass,and will be the straw that broke Obama's back.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
he already broke his back, see his rejection of the Keystone Pipeline.
Putting Americans to work has no meaning to him.

DS

Fenderbender
Realistically,he is just a puppet,his strings are manipulated by big money,and they want more.
What can we do to stop it?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I can't believe that it actually came to this.In my eyes it destroys what America stands for.

SOPA Internet protest - YouTube

This bill gives the government supreme executive power over freedom of speech.
I predict this will not pass,and will be the straw that broke Obama's back.

How will this be the straw that breaks OBAMAs back?? The sopa bill was introduced buy Lamar Hunt- republican and co sponsored by Darrell Issa - republican... How does that break Obamas Back again? The sponsors of the SOPA bill get large donations from the movie industry and stood to gain from this bill. But you believe its Obamas fault??

Geez.

Peace.

over9five

Staff member
Is OBAMA the joke? or , are you all the joke for not understanding who PROPOSED the bills in the first place?

The joke is on you son.

Peace.
Please pull your head out for one minute:

Obama (the joke) rejected the Keystone pipeline permit killing millions of American jobs. Canada is now considering dealing with China instead.

He then whined that those mean ol' Republicans didn't give officials enough time. Wahhhhhhh.

This from the man who PROMISED he could cross the aisle and make deals.... Did he even try?

island1fox

Obama has been claiming the REpublican's block everything and do nothing-- now on the pipeline he blames Republican's for rushing him.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Obama (the joke) rejected the Keystone pipeline permit killing millions of American jobs. Canada is now considering dealing with China instead.

He then whined that those mean ol' Republicans didn't give officials enough time. Wahhhhhhh.

This from the man who PROMISED he could cross the aisle and make deals.... Did he even try?

This thread is about SOPA not the pipeline. You want to be schooled on the pipeline, then start a thread about the pipeline. Otherwise, stay on topic.

Peace

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obama has been claiming the REpublican's block everything and do nothing-- now on the pipeline he blames Republican's for rushing him.

DITTO Island, this thread is about SOPA not the pipeline. These jokers said it was OBAMAS fault, yet the bills both in the house and senate were republican sponsored bills. You want to discuss the pipeline, then start t thread for such and we can talk about it there.

Peace.

DITTO Island, this thread is about SOPA not the pipeline. These jokers said it was OBAMAS fault, yet the bills both in the house and senate were republican sponsored bills. You want to discuss the pipeline, then start t thread for such and we can talk about it there.

Peace.
hypocrite....You are the second worst offender of going off topic on these boards following Klein.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This thread is about SOPA not the pipeline. You want to be schooled on the pipeline, then start a thread about the pipeline. Otherwise, stay on topic.

Peace
Uh-oh, Ovah. I think you just got spanked by the on-topic police. I think Upstate might get a little upset as that was his self-appointed title. I, personally, love it when it is ok for them them to go off an a tangent, but "stay on-topic or else!" is what we get from them.

:rofl: :rofl:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obama said "no" to the pipeline as he felt the Republican imposed deadline did not allow enough time for an environmental review of any potential impact the project may have. He did not say "no" to jobs. The pipeline is not dead yet as the Canadians really want this to be a done deal.

As for the thread, I am not in favor of a "big brother" censorship of the internet.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Obama said "no" to the pipeline as he felt the Republican imposed deadline did not allow enough time for an environmental review of any potential impact the project may have. He did not say "no" to jobs. The pipeline is not dead yet as the Canadians really want this to be a done deal.

As for the thread, I am not in favor of a "big brother" censorship of the internet.
No, just of TOS and you censoring the threads, posts, thoughts, uploads of videos and pictures and the like of things you two don't like. Censorship of free speech is just that. Are you being compensated for your time here? I'm not. Hence, free speech and sharing of intellectual(and not so intellectual) ideas. If you are here because you have a paid for agenda, that is not free speech. That is BS, as far as I am concerned.

over9five

Staff member

Peace
Perhaps you should re-read the thread. Your first response to me was to a response I made to someone talking about the pipeline.

Get your facts straight, or come back sober.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How will this be the straw that breaks OBAMAs back?? The sopa bill was introduced buy Lamar Hunt- republican and co sponsored by Darrell Issa - republican... How does that break Obamas Back again? The sponsors of the SOPA bill get large donations from the movie industry and stood to gain from this bill. But you believe its Obamas fault??

Geez.

Peace.
Issa offered an alternative bill called "OPEN'" get your facts right.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I'd like to be there when Trumka beats him up !!