Census- waste of taxpayers money!

rod

Retired 22 years
So far:

2 post cards ----announcing the census

2 letters --------announcing that the census forms would be sent out soon

3 census forms--filled one out- sent one back blank with the filled out one with a note
on it saying it was a duplicate. Two weeks later got a 3rd census form
and threw it away.

One live census person----- I had a hard time getting rid of her but at 18 bucks an hour
I guess she wanted to chit chat on my dime.

The goberment sure knows how to waste money. Before anyone goes into their hollier than thou routine I have no problem with the census----- just the way its being ran.:angry:

jimstud

Banned
So far:

3 census forms--filled one out- sent one back blank with the filled out one with a note
and threw it away.

One live census person----- I had a hard time getting rid of her but at 18 bucks an hour
I guess she wanted to chit chat on my dime.

The goberment sure knows how to waste money. Before anyone goes into their hollier than thou routine I have no problem with the census----- just the way its being ran.:angry:

i am sure your buddy the kitty cat will have something to say.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dislike the census. I got the same crap in the mail, and I got two forms to fill out at the same addy. I got chosen for a census in between the census, and we had one hellava time with these people beating on the door. They were relentless. She woke me at 8am one Saturday, and that was it. She told my husband one time to shut off his cycle, she needed some ?s answered. I think the last time she left here crying. I dont mind people doing what they have to for a job. But once you get the info, quit badgering me. I had to fill out some lengthy form and every month they wanted to re ask the ?s to see if anything changed. I said just xerox it nothing has changed. It was about income, overtime, and the empty house on my property and why I wouldnt rent it. It was a total invasion of my ME time. And she treated me like I had no choice. I expected to see a sherrif come and haul me away.

SWORDFISH

So far:

and threw it away.

:

Havent had any people come to the door yet. Only filled one of mine out as well, but I got all the same stuff you did. BYW my little brother is going to be one of the census takers. I will be curious to pick his brain about it. Last I talked to him he was taking classes for it.

dillweed

I was offered a job as a census taker. My MIL is in a medical situation right now where I need to be available so I couldn't accept it. I'm grateful because it's probably a rough job.

The woman said I'd have to go to different areas of the county and I told her there were areas where I just would NOT go. Later I read in the newspaper that they were sending these folks to abandoned houses and under bridges to find and count the homeless. Egads!

tarbar66

I had signed up to work for the Census too. The 4 day training class was scheduled for the same time I had scheduled a trip to Florida. I guess I missed out on an easy $400!

Why would a census enumenator need training of 32 hours for a 10 question form?

rod

Retired 22 years
I was offered a job as a census taker. My MIL is in a medical situation right now where I need to be available so I couldn't accept it. I'm grateful because it's probably a rough job.

The woman said I'd have to go to different areas of the county and I told her there were areas where I just would NOT go. Later I read in the newspaper that they were sending these folks to abandoned houses and under bridges to find and count the homeless. Egads!

The gal that visited me just had to tell me about the junky trailer with the mean dogs she had to visit. Being a retired driver I wasn't impressed. :happy2:

When the census taker comes tell them you`re willing to do the interview but all your clothes are in the laundry and you`ll have to do it in the nude. They usually leave........usually.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
filled mine out and sent it back the next day,, local govt depends on it for federal funding,, maybe if everyone spent ,,um maybe 2 mins, filling it out we could forego the door to door peoples

filled mine out and sent it back the next day,, local govt depends on it for federal funding,, maybe if everyone spent ,,um maybe 2 mins, filling it out we could forego the door to door peoples

How much federal funding was wasted on advertising on a race car in the nascar circuit, how much postage for numerous mailings ect. The guy in charge ought to be fired for wasting your money. Or did he just set a new trend....so next November I send you a post card letting you know you will be receiving a Christmas card from me then, another postcard to let you know that when you receive my card I expect a card in return. Then I send you the card. Then I send you a postcard reminding you to send me a card. Then I send you another postcard to remind you that if you haven't sent me a card please do and, if you have...disregard the postcard. And Congress voted this bureacracy to run healthcare!