Center instructed to ignore DIAD training

wornoutupser

Our center did the DIAD training for damage packages that taught us to sheet them as missed. Our center manager then instructed all of us to ignore the training because he did not agree with it! He still wants us to sheet them as NI1 customer refused. Why does Atlanta allow this?

tourists24

Our center did the DIAD training for damage packages that taught us to sheet them as missed. Our center manager then instructed all of us to ignore the training because he did not agree with it! He still wants us to sheet them as NI1 customer refused. Why does Atlanta allow this?
A missed package shows on a bad report.... NI shows as a send again but is not a bad report necessarily...lol..... Your center manager doesnt want to show up on the no no list

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told to sheet damages as "Refused" before this training, which was just plain dishonest. I had three times where I was called because the consignee was tracking their packages and were mad that they showed as Refused. Showing them now as "Missed" is a step in the right direction, too bad we don't have the option of recording them as "Held For Inspection", or something like that. My Center always changes when we have new DIAD Training, I'm surprised that your center manager thinks that he is above Corporate Policy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't agree with sheeting them as missed either I think they should be sheeted as damaged but it's their world I just live in it. I'll work as instructed til the day I retire.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We were told this morning to sheet them as NI1 now since when sheeted as missed the clerks were just throwing them back on the belt without inspecting for damages and then going back out for delivery again the next day. Not sure what this changes but they are hoping the problem will be fixed.

tourists24

I don't agree with sheeting them as missed either I think they should be sheeted as damaged but it's their world I just live in it. I'll work as instructed til the day I retire.
I dont think missed is accurate either but they refuse to let us sheet it accurately as "damaged".... so missed would be the next most accurate

UPSGUY72

If you sheet them as damaged it automatically starts the processes of pay for the damaged item. The item might not be damaged it might just need to be re-boxed, or it might only be partially damaged where the undamaged portion would get re-boxed. Once the process is started to issue a refund it isn't so simple to stop. What happen when you sheet it as Ni1 and the person was home all day same go for refused... Missed means you didn't deliver the package for what ever reason (weather, damaged, a miss-load, or some else ) the package didn't get delivered.

tourists24

If you sheet them as damaged it automatically starts the processes of pay for the damaged item. The item might not be damaged it might just need to be re-boxed, or it might only be partially damaged where the undamaged portion would get re-boxed. Once the process is started to issue a refund it isn't so simple to stop. What happen when you sheet it as Ni1 and the person was home all day same go for refused... Missed means you didn't deliver the package for what ever reason (weather, damaged, a miss-load, or some else ) the package didn't get delivered.
but it shows on the bad boy report as missed and we cant have that....lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They don't want you to sheet it as damaged because if it is actually not damaged the shipper thinks it is. Missed is appropriate because it's not being attempted on the scheduled day. Many will try to fudge their way around it and once again Atlanta will have a rose colored picture of what really goes on.

We have been sheeting them as missed for years. The package didn't make service because we did not service our commitment. So in essence it's missed. It's not that hard its their company we just work here.

nocturnalbuck

the very day we had the training, i had a package that was crushed. the training said "if in doubt, don't take it out" meaning do not attempt to deliver. so, i brought it back and sheeted it as missed..the next day our supe said we must call in every suspected damaged package. he was almost in panic mode like they never saw the training.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
how is this explained to a customer that is tracking their shipment when they call in?

i explain that it's just a generic exception to signify it needs examination

while sheeting damaged packages as future is pretty stupid, the insurance bull**** (between on-road/in-center sheeting) that drives UPS to do so is even more contemptible

i'm content with the matter being above my paygrade to decide