Center isn’t rebidding an air spot.

Zach30009

Our center has always had 2 less than 4 air bids for the morning. One gets all the air for the building, the other delivers eams. Both drivers went full time I got one bid 6 months ago the other driver just qualified 2 weeks ago. While the second was qualifying we got a new center manager. The other air driver qualifies and is now full time, buddy from the preload asks about the air bid and new manager says that’s no longer a bid job. We now use exceptional air drivers to do eams every single morning, can a manager just come to a building and decide that’s no longer a bid and :censored2: someone from guaranteed work and guaranteed hours?

542thruNthru

Our center has always had 2 less than 4 air bids for the morning. One gets all the air for the building, the other delivers eams. Both drivers went full time I got one bid 6 months ago the other driver just qualified 2 weeks ago. While the second was qualifying we got a new center manager. The other air driver qualifies and is now full time, buddy from the preload asks about the air bid and new manager says that’s no longer a bid job. We now use exceptional air drivers to do eams every single morning, can a manager just come to a building and decide that’s no longer a bid and :censored2: someone from guaranteed work and guaranteed hours?
Speak with your BA.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Years ago at my building we had a pretty big group of PT air drivers, one section delivered eams in the morning and the other section made late air/ drop box pickups in the evening. One day they just up and eliminated about 90% of those jobs and gave the work to existing FT delivery routes so yeah, in my experience they can do that. I would still speak with your BA about it though cuz ya never know.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
can a manager just come to a building and decide that’s no longer a bid and :censored2: someone from guaranteed work and guaranteed hours?

The simple answer is.... yes.

Air driving jobs are to supplement the regular pkg car drivers.

Section 1—Air Drivers

"(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonably performed by regular package drivers."

If someone vacated a bid position, the company is not required to fill it.

If the company has just eliminated a bid air driver job, then the supplemental lay-off language would apply.

-Bug-