center manager DR's business

screamin chicken

We had a driver that was pulled off the rd. my center manager and FT sup. get on the route and start to deliver it about 2 and waith for me and another driver to bail them out. The center manager and the FT DR a buisness outside and did not go back to get the OCA, instead another driver had to go by and get the OCA, the customer then said that he saw the 2 (center manager,FT) dr the pkg outside. When are the center manager, FT going to start to get warnings, 3 days, I mean if it was a driver we would be in alot of hotwater.

We had a driver that was pulled off the rd. my center manager and FT sup. get on the route and start to deliver it about 2 and waith for me and another driver to bail them out. The center manager and the FT DR a buisness outside and did not go back to get the OCA, instead another driver had to go by and get the OCA, the customer then said that he saw the 2 (center manager,FT) dr the pkg outside. When are the center manager, FT going to start to get warnings, 3 days, I mean if it was a driver we would be in alot of hotwater.
Don't worry, your center manager and the SUP will never hear a word about that, unless you or the other driver bring it up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[quote]waith for me and another driver to bail them out. The center manager and the FT DR a buisness outside and did not go back to get the OCA, instead another driver had to go by and get the OCA, the customer then said that he saw the 2 (center manager,FT) dr the pkg outside. When are the center manager, FT going to start to get warnings, 3 days, I mean if it was a driver we would be in alot of hotwater.[/quote]

The first thing I would have done is give the consignee the toll free number; in fact, I would have offered to start the process for them by dialing the number and briefly explaining the situation to the CSR. Complaints carry the same weight whether they are hourly or mgt. I would have apologized for their actions as you are the one who will have to continue to work with this customer long after the center manager and FT are back in the office

trouble maker

That's why they are management, because they can't do the job the way it's supposed to be done. Don't promote the people that actually do the job the correct way, but get the ****ups off the road. That's the way it's been, and that's the way it will always be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's why they are management, because they can't do the job the way it's supposed to be done. Don't promote the people that actually do the job the correct way, but get the ****ups off the road. That's the way it's been, and that's the way it will always be.

Generalizations such as yours are not always accurate. My on-car was a driver for 15 years and did an excellent job. He wasn't the fastest but certainly wasn't the slowest--he was a solid driver who took care of his customers. He took the promotion, in part, to take advantage of the stock options that he would receive as part of his compensation package as he had 3 kids that he knew he would be putting through college. Kid #1 and #2 are done and #3 is in his first year and the stock options have been a tremendous help in paying those bills.

We talked about his decision a while ago and he conceded that if he had to do it over again he would not have made the move.

screamin chicken

I was not the one that picked the OCA, I never even went by there. The driver that went by told me this. It is already in the works with several of the other drivers that I told we are going to file it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That's funny ... that's the same thing we (sups and managers) say about people who get "kicked upstairs", especially to the Region and Corporate.
It's funny how, from the outside, UPS is recognized and praised for our strong management and how successful the company has been by promoting all the non-performers. :funny:

tieguy

Banned

why was the center manager and the friend/t sup delivering the route?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's funny ... that's the same thing we (sups and managers) say about people who get "kicked upstairs", especially to the Region and Corporate.
It's funny how, from the outside, UPS is recognized and praised for our strong management and how successful the company has been by promoting all the non-performers. :funny:
It's almost like a big Ponzi scheme. If the truth ever gets out the whole house of cards is gonna come crashing down :surprised:

I think it does matter. You don't generally see the center manager choking a route. How the center manager ended up choking the route could be relevant to the issues the chicken raises.
I understand that CMs don't usually run routes, but does that make it ok to DR a business package and ignore a ODS pickup? If so, please explain.

Maybe you should just worry about what screamin chicken is doing and find a way to keep the persons job that had the warrant.

tieguy

Banned
I understand that CMs don't usually run routes, but does that make it ok to DR a business package and ignore a ODS pickup? If so, please explain.

center manager had to run out in the afternoon and cover the route when his driver got locked up. I'm sure he was probably scrambling to cover several time commit issues and possibly lacking area knowledge when he showed up.

wrecker

center manager had to run out in the afternoon and cover the route when his driver got locked up. I'm sure he was probably scrambling to cover several time commit issues and possibly lacking area knowledge when he showed up.

If a union service provider did that, he/she would be in trouble. Time commit issues or not.