center manager Shuffle

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Most are some are not. My current center manager is not a yes man I can promise you that. He's a dying breed. It's got his ass shipped away previously in his career.
Those are hard to find and you wish they would stay longer. Those are the kind you can walk in and talk about stuff other than routes and packages. Their only human.

9.5er

We got new OC sup's last year. Our center manager has been here 3 or 4 years now. This is his 2nd tour with us. He is a decent guy. Would hate to see him go because no telling what we may get in replacement. But then again each time we get a new center manager our stops per car numbers loosen up for awhile.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our center manager is wanting to get out of the Center as badly as we want him out. Grievances have increased at least 700% since he came to our center ( no i'm not exaggerating and that might even be on the LOW side) February will mark two years of his arrival so he is due to be moved anyways. In 30 years I have never had a center manager create such a bad work environment. Each day is a fight with him,and he even has gotten the Scabs and long term brown nosers to file Harassment,9.5 and Supervisor Working Grievances.

things have really changed as in the Old Days the Labor manager wouldnt have put up with so many grievances being filed

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Granted you cant trust them as far as you can throw them but I kinda get it, that don't mean im standing up for them, depends on individual really.
Based on what you have seen on here, wouldn't you say the same about the drivers?
Everybody seems to be in it for themselves when push comes to shove.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Your not going to always get along with supes, that's granted and some of them really do deserve an asczz whoopin or being called out in front of everybody, but one thing ill never ever do is call them out or scuffle with them in front of anybody. That's just not cool no matter how bad I dislike them or have no respect for them. I see it all the time and im just like yeah he deserves that asczz chewing but just not in front of everybody, just highly disrespectful really. I just wouldn't do that or on a social media platform like this 1 either if somebody was out of line, just don't roll that way lol.
The ONLY time I call them out in public is when they start the bullscnitzz in public. I dont tolerate that

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those are hard to find and you wish they would stay longer. Those are the kind you can walk in and talk about stuff other than routes and packages. Their only human.
Yeah was talking to mine the other day and he was stoked to find out where I live I apparently drive right by the only liquor store that sells his favorite beer. Lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I actually like the current center management team, as do most. They're generally fair and reasonable and that is all anyone can ask for at UPS. That probably doesn't sit well with the higher-ups...expecting a shake-up soon. :)

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I can't really tell you anything about our center manager. He seems like a decent guy, can probably count the times I've seen him right off the top of my head. Few months from retirement. Our FT runs the facility almost single handedly. He does a killer job. Rumor mill says he's stepping up to the center manager position. Pretty excited for that. He's a good, fair dude.

Very fortunate management wise in our facility. Everybody gets along with each other, whether management or hourly.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I doesn't matter who the center manager is to me. If they leave me alone and don't nickel dime everything, then we will get along just fine. If not, I've seen them come and go and I'm still here.

Future

Victory Ride
curly-o.gif
center manager shuffle======"The Curly Shuffle"

oldngray

nowhere special
The best center manager's I can remember transferred out of package operations into other departments if they didn't just give up and quit or retire. center manager is now a set up to fail yes man job that the good people couldn't stomach.

watdaflock?

One of our managers been filling in at a couple different hubs over peak. He's good (other than 1st impression/personality*) and will continue working his way up the food chain. He will be named a center manager somewhere and unfortunately his commute to work will become much longer.

*May come across (at first) as a "hard ass" but it's just his tone. Good guy who understands the job well.

I can't even count the number of CMs I've had over the years. While some of them have been cool, the majority of them were aszholes. Why can't they understand that in order to be respected they must first show some respect for their employees?
I did my best to help out the ones who treated us fairly. The others, not at all.

Last edited: