Central region

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
"excessive" overtime Protections! 3x9 hour days and 2x12 hour days are not acceptable! No driver has ever complained about 5x9 hour days!
No god damned discipline if I have a seat belt or bulkhead door pop on me on a dirt road. Or some teen whip into a circle drive when I am on a porch and force me to back first to go on about my day!

on a side note I'd love to see the company admit ORION is a POS!

barnyard

KTM rider
Feeder jobs moved to outstate centers.

My building had 10 feeder jobs when I started, now we have 4. Adding sleeper teams to hubs where they have to hire off the street for feeders does not get me into feeders FT. If things stay as they are, I will not be able to bid a FT feeder job before I retire. I have been on the feeder cover board in my building for 10 years. The #1 cover has been for 14 or 15.

If the jobs cannot move out to outstate centers, let outstate guys bid on a sleeper team job. 1 round trip to the nearest hub is about the same commuting mileage that I have now.

35years

Gravy route
-Close the "dishonesty" loophole termination language in 17i

-0% increase in accrual based pensions payouts over 5 years (as proposed) is not acceptable.
This on top of 1/2 of 1% avg increase the previous 5 years (2013-2018) has made the Central the worst pension payouts nationwide.

-Forced 70 hour weeks during peak in many locations... has to become voluntary OT after 60 hrs.

-Forcing M-friend drivers on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays is limited by supplement in other areas, why not the Central?

-Some areas receive 10 more paid days off yearly than the Central if you include paid sick days which we do not receive in the Central.

"excessive" overtime Protections! 3x9 hour days and 2x12 hour days are not acceptable! No driver has ever complained about 5x9 hour days!
No god damned discipline if I have a seat belt or bulkhead door pop on me on a dirt road. Or some teen whip into a circle drive when I am on a porch and force me to back first to go on about my day!

on a side note I'd love to see the company admit ORION is a POS!
Discipline for 1 bulkhead door, or 1 seatbelt, or 1 back first is incompetence. Or even 1 combination of all 3. Even if it was your fault. Having strictly orion, on the other hand, is gross incompetence.

polyp

Penalty pay for harassment cases that don't get kicked to national.

Prohibit "seasonal" 22.3/4 positions.

End attendance bonuses for PT work.

Automaton

As an RPCD, I would like to have the option of bumping (at full pay) any 22.4 driver (or RPCD with less seniority) on Saturday and or Sunday if my own route is cut one or more days during the week — since 22.4 is apparently cast in stone now.

Brownpants80

I'm personally losing a bunch of hours with this 9.5 center change and now definitely no chance and no overtime when they implement the 22.4

They need to decrease the progression to 2/3 years max to those who are at a less pay rate being affected.

9.5 rights for 22.4 drivers.

Bump in senority over 22.4 positions for when days are cut for rpcds.

And for the love of God TAKE AWAY ORION!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
9.5 protections for 22.4s and 8hrs as well. Would like to see langauge about RCPD's routes being in on all 5 days and guarantee 40hr work week, not 90% of seniority drivers. Article 17i needs to take out all loopholes and max 10% 22.4s.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
-Close the "dishonesty" loophole termination language in 17i

-0% increase in accrual based pensions payouts over 5 years (as proposed) is not acceptable.
This on top of 1/2 of 1% avg increase the previous 5 years (2013-2018) has made the Central the worst pension payouts nationwide.

-Forced 70 hour weeks during peak in many locations... has to become voluntary OT after 60 hrs.

-Forcing M-friend drivers on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays is limited by supplement in other areas, why not the Central?

-Some areas receive 10 more paid days off yearly than the Central if you include paid sick days which we do not receive in the Central.
As long as the the company is on the hook for the central states pension when it tanks I think you'll see very low accrual rates in the central.

barnyard

KTM rider
And for the love of God TAKE AWAY ORION!

I do not want to see that become a contract issue. The company will argue that they are saving X amount of dollars and will want to see a concession in exchange. There is nothing of value I am willing to give up to lose Orion. I would rather see the company pay me more for their stupid decisions.

siouxman

siouxman
9.5 protections for 22.4s and 8hrs as well. Would like to see langauge about RCPD's routes being in on all 5 days and guarantee 40hr work week, not 90% of seniority drivers. Article 17i needs to take out all loopholes and max 10% 22.4s.
How do we know if our union tried to bargain for that and what will the company want in return

Last edited: