Central Regional, N.J. High Schools More Expensive Than Harvard For Seaside Park Stud

texan

The cost to taxpayers to send each student to high school in the resort town of Seaside Park, N.J. is $112,000
-- double the tuition at Harvard's medical school, notes the Vineland Daily Journal.

The town spent about $4.4 million to send 40 students to Central Regional Intermediate and High Schools
this year, 10 times the state average, largely due to New Jersey's property tax system and
school funding laws, the paper reports.

Huh? my thoughts....

“We are the poster child of bad legislation in school funding, but we don’t have the population of
votes for anybody to care,” said Bob Martucci, the borough’s administrator. “People look in disbelief
and say, ‘How can that even happen?’ The [state] funding formula allows that to happen.”

Central Regional, N.J. High Schools More Expensive Than Harvard For Seaside Park Students

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Re: Central Regional, N.J. High Schools More Expensive Than Harvard For Seaside Park

20-passenger-limo-bus.jpg The inside of their school bus !
20-passenger-limo-bus.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Re: Central Regional, N.J. High Schools More Expensive Than Harvard For Seaside Park

When I was a kid my aunt and uncle had a house on 8th Ave in Seaside Hts beach block , Our extended Irish family would vacation there.The third floor had 5 bedrooms which slept at least 8 of us boy cousins on occasion.Adults and girls stayed on the second floor. It was a big old victorian house with a wrap around porch complete with the wicker rockers and a steeple room on the 3rd floor. I remember sleeping in a bed with my cousins Franny and Tommy. Before we would go to the boardwalk we kids would line up and Nanny ( Bridget MacHale)would give us $2 a piece to spend.I remember serving my first mass there as a alter boy with my cousins . I think they let me ring the bell which I messed up, LOL