Central states- ground pay for air drivers

bart

Air drivers delivering ground are paid ground rate all day after how many hours? I have been told Northern Plains you get paid all day ground rate after 4 hours. What is Central States?

bart

Has it always been this way? I am getting ready to grieve this at my center and they say Central does it different. We recently switch to Northern Plains and they pay all day ground after 4 hrs is what I am told. Can you provide info to where I can find this in writing. Either a case already won in Central or just where Central States has it written.

bart

I understand the all day but I am having issues with management when I do other work. I am a PT air exception driver but work CC, Air pickups, local, etc so if I deliver ground is it all day after 1 package or is it all day after 4 hours?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What is Central States?
It is who administrates the pension and health and welfare benefits for Teamsters in the Central Region.
Has it always been this way? I am getting ready to grieve this at my center and they say Central does it different. We recently switch to Northern Plains and they pay all day ground after 4 hrs is what I am told. Can you provide info to where I can find this in writing. Either a case already won in Central or just where Central States has it written.
The Central Region has nothing to do with it, as this issue is covered by Article 40 of the National Master and stands alone.

....and cannot be superseded by forward language in any supplement, rider, or addendum.

bart

It is National. So why is there so much confusion. It doesn't state how long they need to pay you if you do other jobs, like preload or local sort

bart

Is it all day ground no matter what you do? Is it after 1 delivered ground package or after 4 hours of delivering ground?

bart

I know if you just deliver ground you get ground pay for the hours you worked, I need clarification on the extra work for Central and Northern because I have gotten so many different answers on this issue.

upschuck

Is it all day ground no matter what you do? Is it after 1 delivered ground package or after 4 hours of delivering ground?
You hoping for a different answer? Does it say after 4 hrs in the contract? Why don't they just pay you top rate while handling ground packages?

upschuck

I know if you just deliver ground you get ground pay for the hours you worked, I need clarification on the extra work for Central and Northern because I have gotten so many different answers on this issue.
Not here you haven't. Plus, what does the contract say? Does it say anything about 4 hours in there, in regards to pay?

bart

Not here you haven't. Plus, what does the contract say? Does it say anything about 4 hours in there, in regards to pay?
I have asked at my center and have read a lot of different posts. Everyone has different interpretations. The question is about extra work after delivering route as an exception air driver.

upschuck

I have asked at my center and have read a lot of different posts. Everyone has different interpretations. The question is about extra work after delivering route as an exception air driver.
And the answer is the same.

If you aren't doing it after your air route, then you'd be doing a RPCD job.

bart

How far back can I grieve this? Management has been wishy washy about this for months and basically said they didn't know how this was supposed to be paid