Central States Pension Cuts to Vote by Phone, what?!!!!!!!

Hofficer Hater

The Treasury Department’s Temporary Regulations would let the Central States Pension Fund (and others) conduct the vote of Teamsters and retirees on proposed pension cuts by telephone poll!

Hoffa’s trustees want to phone in their vote pertaining to the cut on their pensions. It’s bad enough they want to cut pensions, but now they are too cheap to send a paper ballot. This is another way to keep members from voting.

Accordingly next Wednesday, at a hearing in DC, affected Teamsters will speak out against this proposed denial of basic voting rights.

Would anyone tolerate voting for Congress by internet voting or telephone poll, instead of a ballot?

Under federal law—The Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act—Teamster local unions conduct elections every three years by secret ballot. A ballot comes to you in the mail, and you return it by mail, postage paid.

The IBT and the trustees of the Central States claim they can't afford the postage for return ballots, but can pay Thomas N $662,000 per year, and numerous other execs fat salaries? That’s what the temporary regulation actually claims. Unreal!

Maybe Thomas N could take a pay cut.

The Central States spends $38 million per year in administrative expenses. A fair vote would not increase this figure by even 1% for one year!

This regulation is outrageous and must be changed. But it is worse than that. It shows the thinking behind this outrageous pension-cut law. Slash earned pensions and now conduct a bogus “vote” to justify it is criminal!

http://www.tdu.org/pension_by_phone_call

5habits100

The Treasury Department’s Temporary Regulations would let the Central States Pension Fund (and others) conduct the vote of Teamsters and retirees on proposed pension cuts by telephone poll!

Hoffa’s trustees want to phone in their vote pertaining to the cut on their pensions. It’s bad enough they want to cut pensions, but now they are too cheap to send a paper ballot. This is another way to keep members from voting.

Accordingly next Wednesday, at a hearing in DC, affected Teamsters will speak out against this proposed denial of basic voting rights.

Would anyone tolerate voting for Congress by internet voting or telephone poll, instead of a ballot?

Under federal law—The Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act—Teamster local unions conduct elections every three years by secret ballot. A ballot comes to you in the mail, and you return it by mail, postage paid.

The IBT and the trustees of the Central States claim they can't afford the postage for return ballots, but can pay Thomas N $662,000 per year, and numerous other execs fat salaries? That’s what the temporary regulation actually claims. Unreal!

The Central States spends $38 million per year in administrative expenses. A fair vote would not increase this figure by even 1% for one year!

This regulation is outrageous and must be changed. But it is worse than that. It shows the thinking behind this outrageous pension-cut law. Slash earned pensions and now conduct a bogus “vote” to justify it is criminal!

So call the Treasury Department and complain.

Oh wait I'm sorry it's Hoffa's fault they did it.

5habits100

If everyone has a right to vote, they are notified and it saves CS money what's the problem?

I guess they should spend millions for 20% to vote or let everyone use the phones they have in their hands already and get 50% to vote.

Everyone knows it is going to be a no vote. Then the Treasury Department will implement and Hoffa will be at fault.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Unfortunately the IBT does have the right to override a No vote just like it did to the remaining UPS supplements that voted No.

I have to mark the calendar.

A TDU supporter finally admits....

The IBT had the constitutional right, to impose the contract.

After, a couple of (politically motivated) people tried to suppress ratifying their supplements.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

After, a couple of (politically motivated) people tried to suppress ratifying their supplements.

-Bug-
While you're marking your calendar for that, also mark acknowledging that I'm not TDU, because I have always said Art 12 sec 6 presently gives the IBT the constitutional right to impose.
I simply assert that it needs to be amended at the Convention next summer.

speedbug577

Unfortunately the IBT does have the right to override a No vote just like it did to the remaining UPS supplements that voted No.

Stop spreading lies. If the vote is over ruled it will not be by the IBT or even Central States. It will be the Treasury Dept who will over ride the no vote. Either your ignorant or just trying to make the IBT look bad.

Hofficer Hater

Hoffa will pay the price for the pension cuts. Now the question we should be asking...by how many votes will he lose the Central States?

TDU and its scumbag way of doing business by spreading hate lies and fear sucks. When we stomp teamsters United I can't wait to rub it in your face. You remind me of fear mongering GOP.

2hoursover

-Bug-
Bug lets go back to when you were a part of the rank and file.. I know you forget where you came from but please take us back. Here is the million $ ?
Why Would you vote yes for less ? ...... (Bugs answer)
We are talking about a company printing money off our backs! Bug you can be removed of your cushy position with one election! It's needs to happen to get you back in touch with the working class!!

Last edited by a moderator: