Central States - Voices for Pension Security - On Topic Please

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Old Man Jingles, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I think @rod should call in and tell them stories about how "tuff" they used to have it. That should make them feel a little better.

3. rod

rod retired and happy

Hell the majority of us will be dead by 2025

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. Observer

Observer Member

The one way to help the crisis is everyone at the IBT should be put on an immediate wage freeze. Then they should be forced to drive their own vehicles and be reimbursed only for mileage. Is Hoffa really worth $400,000.00 a year? How many clients does he have anyway? If you look at how much the upper echelon has increased their pay over the years - that is part of the problem-it must be nice to give yourself a raise with everyone else's money. Look how much Abney has been raking in. Did he really need that BIG of a raise. He has forgotten what it is to struggle. People have been working for this pention for too many years to have it ripped out from under them. This is why so many people don't like unions anymore. I know of other people who worked in packing plants who ended up getting $30.00 a month for their pension as the company was merged with another one. Shouldn't the IBT start looking at ways that they can cut costs. You would think the USPS is running things. If this keeps up UPS will probably vote out the union at the next contract. Everybody contact your congressman - they have a better pension than all of us!! Don't wait - get 'er done!

5. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

Let them fail. It's not up to the rest of the people to bail out a failed pension.

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

So it’s ok for your pension to succeed, but another’s to fail? How long do you think that will last?

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes

8. Wrong

Wrong :))

I don’t plan my finances around or even think about having a pension one day. Wish I could get a 401k match instead dollar for dollar would be wonderful.

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Sucks to be you. Not our problem. Put more into it and extend retirement age.

10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

Mine is 97 percent funded through 2025. I still don’t plan on having it when I retire.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Mine is almost tits up but I plan on having it for years to come. You have to think positive. Last they told us it was good for 10 more years. That was 3 years ago. I figure in 7 years I'll be pushing 80 then I can go on welfare, live in a nursing home and still let the rest of you support me. Sucks to be you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. TheBrownFlush

TheBrownFlush Active Member

Be careful what you wish for.

13. TheBrownFlush

TheBrownFlush Active Member

What part of this is in "Brotherhood"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

My pension is in critical status and I agree with Reggie that taxpayers should not bail out private pension plans, no matter how big they are.

15. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

But it's ok for the government to bail out certain car makers?

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Yup.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Gumby

Gumby *

And they bailed out how many banks and brokerage firms. A ling term low interest Lian wouldn't kill them. How much money did they lose on GM??

18. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

My point is that I don’t think the union would allow some places of the country to get a nice pension, and others to receive a worthless one. So, effectively, it would end all of our pensions once a couple big ones go down.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

The problem is with the multi-employer plans.

The solution is for the company to buy us out and put us in to a hybrid plan.

This solution would all but wipe out the former plans.

20. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

How's that working out for Central States?