Central States - Voices for Pension Security - On Topic Please

542thruNthru

Unless Congress takes action, your Central States pension will be severely reduced in 2025 or earlier. Join our campaign to solve this crisis.

Congressional Campaign | Central States Pension Fund

Not much new info but there is a
Town hall Conference Call
May 2, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. Central / 7:30 Eastern

VoicesForPensionSecurity.com
or call 877/229-8493 Code 114828

I think @rod should call in and tell them stories about how "tuff" they used to have it. That should make them feel a little better.

Observer

The one way to help the crisis is everyone at the IBT should be put on an immediate wage freeze. Then they should be forced to drive their own vehicles and be reimbursed only for mileage. Is Hoffa really worth $400,000.00 a year? How many clients does he have anyway? If you look at how much the upper echelon has increased their pay over the years - that is part of the problem-it must be nice to give yourself a raise with everyone else's money. Look how much Abney has been raking in. Did he really need that BIG of a raise. He has forgotten what it is to struggle. People have been working for this pention for too many years to have it ripped out from under them. This is why so many people don't like unions anymore. I know of other people who worked in packing plants who ended up getting $30.00 a month for their pension as the company was merged with another one. Shouldn't the IBT start looking at ways that they can cut costs. You would think the USPS is running things. If this keeps up UPS will probably vote out the union at the next contract. Everybody contact your congressman - they have a better pension than all of us!! Don't wait - get 'er done!

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t plan my finances around or even think about having a pension one day. Wish I could get a 401k match instead dollar for dollar would be wonderful.

rod

Retired 22 years
Mine is 97 percent funded through 2025. I still don’t plan on having it when I retire.

Mine is almost tits up but I plan on having it for years to come. You have to think positive. Last they told us it was good for 10 more years. That was 3 years ago. I figure in 7 years I'll be pushing 80 then I can go on welfare, live in a nursing home and still let the rest of you support me. Sucks to be you.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My pension is in critical status and I agree with Reggie that taxpayers should not bail out private pension plans, no matter how big they are.
My point is that I don’t think the union would allow some places of the country to get a nice pension, and others to receive a worthless one. So, effectively, it would end all of our pensions once a couple big ones go down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point is that I don’t think the union would allow some places of the country to get a nice pension, and others to receive a worthless one. So, effectively, it would end all of our pensions once a couple big ones go down.

The problem is with the multi-employer plans.

The solution is for the company to buy us out and put us in to a hybrid plan.

This solution would all but wipe out the former plans.