CEO wants UPS and FedEx out of business

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here's an idea maybe not all business models are meant to work globally or even nationally.

If you can't make money off a product when price + distribution cost is less than you're charging well either you're pricing it to low or there isn't demand there.

FedEx and ups should take away her discount and see how long she lasts.

upschuck

The worst part is that she thinks UPS should lower the price every year instead of raising it. What kind of a CEO would think that is even a possibility. I bet she doesn't lower her prices every year.

Evidently, she thinks we get the job done, because I see their packages most weeks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
this paragraph is the best.
"The delivery network needs to be completely ripped up and re-created in order for any ecommerce business to have sustainable profit margins over time," she said at a panel at Austin tech conference South by Southwest last weekend. "Everyone always thinks shipping costs will go down every year, but in fact Fed-Ex and UPS raise their rates every year."

So let me get this straight. You need to grow your profit margins every year but ups and FedEx should lower their rates every year?

bbsam

Staff member
Why would people think rates would go down? Every year the new rates go into effect and every year they are higher, not lower.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have seen many drop boxes overstuffed with her returns on a Monday .
She has a good niche market , and she should be happy .
Her ideas for interstate and intrastate commerce transportation are way off . Somebody tell her to go dump all of her millions on a few lobbyists and wait a couple of decades for some results . Just like everyone else had to .

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Unfreakinbelievable. She deserves to make a profit but none of her vendors should. Are you kidding me. If a shipper offers free shipping we should eat that cost? Yeah that'll fly.

Unfreakinbelievable. She deserves to make a profit but none of her vendors should. Are you kidding me. If a shipper offers free shipping we should eat that cost? Yeah that'll fly.
O used to have a designer on my route. She sold her dresses nfor $300 and up.

Then she would cry about the on call air fee. But wouldn't spend the $20 a week for a daily pickup.

She had the nerve to tell me we cost too much. I said I could find my wife a dress for $50.at the department store.

Point noted...lol

upschuck

O used to have a designer on my route. She sold her dresses nfor $300 and up.

Then she would cry about the on call air fee. But wouldn't spend the $20 a week for a daily pickup.

She had the nerve to tell me we cost too much. I said I could find my wife a dress for $50.at the department store.

Point noted...lol
They see everyone else's problems, but not their own. That is why you need good people surrounding the CEO, and not all yes people.