Cerritos California seniority list to become a sat air driver.

TheKid99

I have a question.

In September my manager want me to do Air Driving.

Do Air Drivers drive during peak if needed or just air?

PT Car Washer

A lot depends on what type of air driving. PT air driving or air exception air driving. If you mean PT air driving where you have a regular start time and or route then that job comes first and any other delivery or pick ups would have to work around that. Air exception air is extra work and you are still responsible for your normal job. During peak (unless you are a complete looser) all your bosses want you to help them first. You may mean being a peak seasonal driver then all you will do is deliver if there are enough trucks to drive then you will be a driver helper.

TheKid99

Ok she want me to do Saturday Air so I can get familiar with the UPS way of delivering.

what im asking is can I do non-air driving in peak or no?

PT Car Washer

No. You are classified as a package handler who is qualified for Saturday Air and air exception work. In my building most of us Saturday Air drivers deliver ground during Christmas time and make top driver pay.

TheKid99

Thekidd how many years you have at ups?

Ive only been with UPS a couple of days but my hub has alot of older people thats is going to retire so ill be a driver fast and some people do not want to drive.

currently the highest seniority next to drive is a guy that wad hired in 2011