Chains

Joshm

I was working as directed and put the chains on. Parking lot looked okay when I left and notified supervisor then. Company called three months later and wants fixed. Supervisor tried to say i was going to be fired if I didn’t fix it, and that it was unreported. I have call logs and text to prove it wasn’t unreported. Fix it or what??

Rack em

Made the Podium
A parking lot got tore up 3 months ago and they now want it fixed? HAHAHA, you're fine man, they can't discipline you for anything.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was working as directed and put the chains on. Parking lot looked okay when I left and notified supervisor then. Company called three months later and wants fixed. Supervisor tried to say i was going to be fired if I didn’t fix it, and that it was unreported. I have call logs and text to prove it wasn’t unreported. Fix it or what??

Get your asphalt mop ready. Careful, the fumes will make you dizzy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Assuming what you say is true (working as directed, call logs to prove you reported the incident) then you're in the clear. Let UPS pay for it if they want.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like to me the you did everything you should have at the time. Seems you thought damage might have been done but notified your sup anyways as you were instructed to use chains at the time.

Also sounds like the customer sat on their hands, the sup didn’t follow up with your reporting by investigating at the time of you notifying him. Now this is sup is trying to save his ass by shifting blame back on you.

Good job covering your ass, lotta rookies could learn from your example.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the parking lot "looked OK when I left", why did you feel the need to notify your supervisor?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
To CYA... it's like a stone chip on the windshield... it may tend to spread to a long crack with time/ heat cycling.

With asphalt at that time of year, you probably can't see if the chains dug thru ice or that asphalt. Of course, salt and water will seep in to break it up into a possible pothole.

Good thing he did saved those call logs and texts. Now he has to show them to the steward so the UNION can back him up

Heavy Package

Company called three months later and wants fixed. Supervisor tried to say i was going to be fired if I didn’t fix it, and that it was unreported.

And there are still wannabe's on here who think we work for a great company, "One of the top ethical, diverse, best companies in the world." Blow it out your :censored2:ss.

UPeopleSuck

59B957D8-7F46-4D44-A70A-2AB9EB84CB10.jpeg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
And there are still wannabe's on here who think we work for a great company, "One of the top ethical, diverse, best companies in the world." Blow it out your :censored2:ss.

Eh, they say that same thing for FedEx... butt it's just a shell game for the shareholders.

Some customers know about the subcontractor division though & agree that we really should be hourly employees.

that way my rural route can be split into two & I can finally have a 9.5 hour day or less..