Chance?? No Chance?? "On Topic"

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Special UPS Operator, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Ok so made it into feeder. Starting productive week monday. But I am seasonal.The hub that I am working hired almost 70-80 new tractor trailer drivers in the last 8-12 months. The mwntor talking to another driver said we are all hired up. But Im getting the vibe that there might be a chance.

If the guy on the triumph bike is gonna bitch about seniority then all the other guys who got hired on also had very very low seniority. And most of em are really young.

So what do ya guys think?? Does it seem like I might stay after January??

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You will find out in January

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Best I can do for ya.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Ohh its a KTM not a Triumph. My bad.

5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

If it’s a ktm he’s in

6. He is on the ktm not in.

@barnyard BTW u kinda look like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons in your picture. LMAO
    exc.gif

7. If I do end up going back inside. Would it be worth it to give HR couple months and try my luck??

I mainly want to be a truck driver not a box thrower...so...is it worth it waiting for a permanent spot in feeders???

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

1969FC7B-AAB3-4FDE-B2E8-3755EB3AFE4A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Depends on what you'd have going on if you were to leave UPS after the holiday season. If the hub you're at has recently been heavily hiring outside of the holiday season, future hiring might actually be slowed down substantially until/unless the recently filled spots are vacated. Which probably doesn't happen often in a sweet gig like feeders.

10. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Nope

11. That is true. I guess my option right now is just to be patient and see how things pan out. Instead of freaking out right now.

12. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

Exactly. They're not hiring all these people just to dump them in January. A lot of guys retiring from UPS the next 5 years.
    New people cost a lot less money. If you're a quality driver, you're not going anywhere.

13. I also have another weird question n I dnt knw if anyone here will have le answer.

My dream job is being a pilot. Since UPS believes in promoting from within will I have a better shot at being a First Officer if I am a UPSer. Or is this more of a specialty career where it doesnt matter if you are from the outside or not??

Thanks for motivation. I am staying positive and working really hard. At same time hoping and praying for a permanent spot. They also hired like 6 of us. 4 inside and 2 outside. So I dont if that means anything.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  14. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Well-Known Member

If it is anything like FedEx pilots, you better have either military exp. or a million hrs of commercial to become a pilot

15. Ohh so its still the traditional airline pathway. Where u go regional get PIC hours and then maybe apply for UPS FO??

16. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

You've got a better chance of winning Powerball.

17. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Well-Known Member

cant speak to UPS, but I have never heard of a FedEx driver becoming a pilot

18. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

It's not as far fetched as it sounds. I have a young friend who started from scratch a year ago and now has his commercial
    flight license. He's sorting out his job offers now. Seems the airlines are having the same problem trucking
    companies are having. Can"t find pilots. The military has scaled way back. There is a real shortage of commercial pilots.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Yep, next step above feeders is
    Stewardess then Co-pilot then Bombardier then finally Pilot

Bid sheets go up once in awhile be on the lookout

20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Didn’t a package handler try to commandeer one in Newark

Might have been a ground driver whacked out on who knows what