Chance to make feeder senority on a sleeper team

gjcst

I am a single female package car drive for the last 27 years whose kids are all grown. I won the bid to move to feeders last November. I will be starting in feeders very soon as a night "call in" driver until I can make seniority but I have an opportunity to change centers and make seniority now as a sleeper team driver. would be leaving Monday nights from Houston heading to Los Angeles and back to Houston by Thursday night with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off! No clue who my team partner would be...any thoughts from someone who has been there done that?? Love the part of three day weekends but is that enough to make it worth it? Thanks to any who reply.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
A senior driver picks his sleeper team partner, at least that's how it works here.
There's things that appeal if the job fits your lifestyle. There's things that don't also.
I'm single, no kids or spouse, and have a home life that I could afford to be away from for four days. That's a positive.
The negative ,at least for me, is that there is no way I could be comfortable enough to place my life in another drivers hands while they drive, especially when I'd try and get rack time in the back.

I know quite a few sleep teams from meeting up with them at the main hub. I've seen some co-ed ones and it seem to work for them. Ultimately the choice is up to you.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
There's some nice ones out there. Truck driver $$ are a big business. You'll only get them once if it's a dump.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don't know how it works in Houston. But in Wisconsin you work based on full-time senority. You choose your run on feeder senority. So a 27yr full-time employee world work everyday. But be at the bottom of the extra board.

EasyTrucker

At our barn you don't get your seniority for being the B driver. Too many older drivers were making cash deals to take out the bottom seniority guys just to get them their seniority. So if you don't have the seniority to win the A driver bid you don't get seniority for going out on sleeper team.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Oh I have.

dropped-soap-3D-printing.png

barnyard

KTM rider
I hear lots of drivers talk about not being able to sleep when a co is driving. The accident rate is pretty darn low in feeders, if the codriver is safe, I would not have a problem with it.

I would love to try it for a week or 2 before signing a bid.