change 401k from horizon fund????

kramer

how do i change my 401k from the horizon fund. 10 percent in 5 years isnt impressive and want a more agressive fund, i didnt even sign up for it, they signed me up for a 401k so since i have it i might as well try and grow it vigorously

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can transfer everything from one fund to another, the tools are right there on the website and it's pretty easy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have very basic choices in the ups 401k... my wife has triple the choices that I have with her 401k.... and it outperforms mine almost every quarter

IESucks

how do i change my 401k from the horizon fund. 10 percent in 5 years isnt impressive and want a more agressive fund, i didnt even sign up for it, they signed me up for a 401k so since i have it i might as well try and grow it vigorously
Omg. You certainly don't do it here. Call prudential. Number is on ur statement.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
whats a good fund thats done well

Go to Prudential's website! Link is at upsers.com. Its a very easy to navigate site. You will have it figured out in less than 10 mins.

The choice of different funds at Prudential is decent. What the fees are in each choice is what you need to look at in relation to what time frame you have in your particular case! If you have decades (assumption here as you "appear" to be new) don't stress over what the market is currently doing. Just watch the fees as 1% or 2% will means THOUSANDS of $'s over decades!

The Horizon Funds are strictly, "set it and forget it" investing! If and when you get more "hands on" with your retirement there are tools that Prudential offers that are excellent with a larger knowledge base in investing.

You can make it fun as hell with the 401K app and a few friends at work!

The 401K is the ONLY thing I am pleased with the union about atm!

The Driver

I drive.
I'm 70% S&P 500, 10% S&P 400, 10% Russell 2000, 10% International Index.

Just a sample portfolio to consider.

I'm up 14% from August 2017. Of course, don't freak out if things change at the drop of the hat.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Put everything in the S&P. I have 100% in there and it’s up 24.18% since the day Trump took office. I expect it to keep going up for the rest of his first term.

Please don't give such horrible blanket advice!

There are reasons why the market is up since the election and it has nothing to do with that man himself and his idiocy! Mark my words now, "The market is going to do exactly what it did with the previous 2 Republican presidents!!!" Those who have driven the market to such highs will get out and capture all their gains long, and I do mean LONG, before the rest of us catch on and we'll be left standing there holding an empty bag and more than likely needing to bail out even more financial institutions and other employers of large numbers of Americans deemed to, "big to fail"!

We are 1 Mueller action from the market cratering!

To the OP........please understand what exactly the market and your 401K actually is at our level. You are buying something now which you believe someone else will buy from you for more money at a future date. Time is the key as the market has always gone up with a long enough time period, so far. Putting everything into 1 basket, as has been suggested, is a fool's gamble and ranks right up there with the crypto-currency fad!

The Driver

I drive.
They make good soup

angry.gif