Change a no hire to rehire

LP22

I was hired on by UPS Oct 5th and let go Dec. 28th. Worked on the air ramp and was happy with the job. I came everyday on time, stayed when asked for volunteers if plane went red, picked up double shifts, signed up for holidays, never had displinary actions taken against me and left on good terms with both my supervisors. I waited on a call back but heard nothing. Finally saw a position and applied only to find out I couldn't. Went into HR to try and figure out what was going on. Contacted both my supervisors who are happy to recommended me but cannot get help from the HR office. I was told by the lady to contact the full timer which I did and it lead me no where as we were never formally introduced so how can he remember me? One of the many air rampers. What can I do? I did everything right and feel that this is just a erroneous status. Thanks a ton in advance.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think HR got you mixed up with LP21. He went on a bender and hasn't been heard from since.

LP22

I think HR got you mixed up with LP21. He went on a bender and hasn't been heard from since.
Seriously! I spoke w my HR lady last night and she gave me some run around but said she'd talk to the full timer and if he says yes she'll change my file and I can go back to work. I was to expect a text in the am. Haven't heard back since and no text. Now what???!!! I'm getting frustrated :(

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Seriously! I spoke w my HR lady last night and she gave me some run around but said she'd talk to the full timer and if he says yes she'll change my file and I can go back to work. I was to expect a text in the am. Haven't heard back since and no text. Now what???!!! I'm getting frustrated :(
There must be a reason you were labeled a no rehire. Take a hint and explore employment elsewhere.

LP22

There really isn't any more to the story. I worked everyday from oct 5th to dec 28th I was respectful to my supervisors and all surroundings ones as well did as I was told and performed to the best of my ability. I spoke with the hr lady and said full timer said he's just going to keep it as is. I asked what was in my file that made me a no rehire if I hit all the required checkmarks she said she couldn't give me an answer. California State Law requires you to give the employee a reason. I think they are lazy and don't want to take the time to look at the error. I plan to go above her and the full timer. Write a letter to regional hr. I feel I deserve an answer. Had I done something that I know would put me on that no rehire list I wouldn't be hounding after this. A friend of mine who was also a new hire missed a week of work and he's good to go again w UPS. So what gives!

LP22

UPS sups generic response

"I'll get back to you on that"
Right!!! And then radio silence. Look I know I'm a little guy (girl) but if I'm taking the time and seeking your direct help the least you can do is help or send me in the direction of someone who will/can

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Right!!! And then radio silence. Look I know I'm a little guy (girl) but if I'm taking the time and seeking your direct help the least you can do is help or send me in the direction of someone who will/can
Why should they? They have hundreds of applicants who think they want to work here to choose from.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
did you physically go down there? that's the only way and stay there until it is resolved. let us know what happens so others can learn from your experience. this happens from time to time. usually it is taken care of.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There really isn't any more to the story. I worked everyday from oct 5th to dec 28th I was respectful to my supervisors and all surroundings ones as well did as I was told and performed to the best of my ability. I spoke with the hr lady and said full timer said he's just going to keep it as is. I asked what was in my file that made me a no rehire if I hit all the required checkmarks she said she couldn't give me an answer. California State Law requires you to give the employee a reason. I think they are lazy and don't want to take the time to look at the error. I plan to go above her and the full timer. Write a letter to regional hr. I feel I deserve an answer. Had I done something that I know would put me on that no rehire list I wouldn't be hounding after this. A friend of mine who was also a new hire missed a week of work and he's good to go again w UPS. So what gives!
all new members must prove they actually worked for UPS . post a picture with evidence or else suffer the wrath of the "total ignoramus club" at BC.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hell yes!!!
I'll tell you one thing ,, the 86 celtics would ah crushed either team !!!
hell yes. just watched that doc "Bad Boys" about the detroit pistons. they showed that clip of Sir Larry Bird intercepting "whiner" thomas inbound pass and then Larry passing off to DJ for the winning layup !!!!

GOLD GOLD GOLD !

sorry , OT. sue me.